Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

General's Element

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Wilson
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: General's Element

I had a quick question on mixing general's elements with other elements at the start of a game. After going over the rules every thing seems pretty clear. However, when I was putting together a later Ottoman (HW22) list I came up with an oddity.

The Serbian ally general is IB EHC that can be upgraded to EHK. Serbian Vlastelini are also IB EHC that can be upgraded to EHK. I join an ally general EHC element to a Vlastelini EHC element. So far so good. However, as I read the rules, if I upgrade the generals element to EHK I must then upgrade the Vlastelini to EHK to have a legal unit. In other words no EHK/EHC mixed general's unit. This would be in accordance with the line "Knights, Cavalry, and Camelry can only be mixed with troops in the same Troop Category (Warrior 2.23)". Is this correct?

If I am reading the rules correctly this is a bit odd since the Vlastelini can fight in a mixed EHK/EHC unit but the general cannot. Of course I guess I have now veered into a list question Smile Thanks.

Paul

Winston Churchill
10/29/1941; Address to the Harrow School
joncleaves

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Paul as list 20 does not permit Vlast EHK and EHC to mix, I am pretty sure 22 should not permit it either.

I'll check with Scott, but you can take that as official until then.

Jon

Paul Wilson
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Jon, It would certainly be a bit more...consistent...if the Vlastelini units both with and without a general followed, more or less, the same rules. I’ll switch this question over to the “lists” section of the forum.

I assume from your answer that my interpretation of the rules regarding joining generals to other elements is correct. That is you cannot join an EHK generals element with a EHC element unless there is a specific list rule that allows it.

Paul

Winston Churchill
10/29/1941; Address to the Harrow School
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: