Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fast Warrior List typo's and such

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noel White
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Fast Warrior List typo's and such

Hey Guys,
I was looking through the fast warrior lists the other day and I found a few possible errors.

First of all there are no Samurai rules in the list rule section. This could lead to confusion since list 264 Feudal Japanese lists 6E worth of LEHI. Anyone new to the game will not understand, since such a troop type is not in the rulebook.

List 237 Early turk lists " 2X Horse Archers 4E Irr C LC JLS Sh" -- no bows!

List 54 Late Achaemenid Persian lists "Satrapal Archers and Slingers" but they only have bow.

List 56 Camillan Roman should probably have x2 Principes, but the x2 appears on the end of the line above.

I assume the lack of Mongol special rules is intentional.
There might be more, I'll keep my eyes open.

Noel.
Macbeth
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject:

Noel,

The Fast Warrior Lists were compiled long before most of the army list books were written - List Rules were generally compiled when the lists were written.

The primary exception being the List Rule to allow artists that formerly fought with 1 rank weapons in wedge to fight 1.5 ranks - that was discussed during the playtest versions of the rules, likewise the attempt to give Medieval Scots Spearmen an "edge" - the list rule for Fast Warrior is different to that of Feudal Warrior but has pretty much the same effect.

As we haven't gotten hold of the revised rulebook here in Australia yet I can't comment as to whether the new edition has changed any of the Fast Warrior lists to get back in sync with the current lists.

cheers

Todd Schneider
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Actually, I went through the Fast Warrior Lists. I pointed them all out, then looked to see how they matched up with list minimums, and then made recommendations on changes. I sent them to Scott, who was the final word gon what was changed and why.

Todd

Macbeth
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Thanks

Thanks for the Info Todd,

by this do you mean the new edition of the rules - I have just heard that the books have arrived today. I get to pick mine up at the end of the month.

Did you just adjust the troop minimums or were the troop armour/weapons/classifications/etc changed if they had changed between the old Fast Warrior lists and the publication of the Army List books -

For Example

Vietnamese Elephants have about 6 crew figures in Fast Warrior and only 2 in Oriental Warrior.
Viking Huscarls in Fast Warrior are armed with both JLS and 2HCW unlike the Dark Age Warrior where it is one or the other.
King David and Scots Common spearmen treated as P in Fast Warrior with a max 2 ranks list rule, wheras in Feudal Warrior they are LTS with a 2 ranks always list rule. The performance is almost identical - but has subtle differences.

I guess that I can wait another couple of weeks to find out but if you can give me the heads up I'd be grateful.

Cheers

Todd Schneider
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks

Macbeth wrote:
Thanks for the Info Todd,

by this do you mean the new edition of the rules - I have just heard that the books have arrived today. I get to pick mine up at the end of the month.

Yes, I'm referring to the new "Black" Rulebook

Quote:

Did you just adjust the troop minimums or were the troop armour/weapons/classifications/etc changed if they had changed between the old Fast Warrior lists and the publication of the Army List books -

Well, my directions from Jon were pretty clear. Point out the old list, compare the old list to what was in the listbook, and make suggested changed to Scott.
The issues I looked at were as follows:

1. Are the Units in FW armed the same as the Troops in the Master Lists.
2. Are the Majority of the list minimums met? In some lists, for example Nubian, there’s a 50E List minimum of LI that couldn’t be met within the frame of Fast Warrior, but if there a unit in the FW list thats not a minimum, why is it there. For something "flavorful" perhaps? Not that I have a problem with that, after all theres a reason the Araucanian FW list has Irr B LI Smile
3. Are the Lists in Period. For example, the Units for the Chinese Barbarian army appear to have been all purchased from the Northern Tribe.

So, as an example, the New World Warrior lists underwent a lot of changes from the "White" Rulebook.

Heres an example of what I sent to Scott regarding the Incans:
Quote:
273) Inca
New World Warrior #5

CinC 2E Reg A LMI 2HCT, S, Sh with PA Standard @ 186 Points
Aquicona Noble Warriors 2E Reg A LMI JLS, S, Sh @ 81 points
X2 Noble Warriors 4E Reg B LMI, JLS, S, Sh @121 each, 242 total
X2 Quecha Warriors 6E Reg C LMI JLS, S, Sh @130
Dart Throwers 6E Reg D LI D, Sh @ 58 Points

Total Points: 673. I added the Aquicona Nobles because they are a list minimum. I could not find the Chilean Skirmishers on the list, so I substituted the Dart Throwers because they are the most similar, and they are also a list minimum.

And I still missed a few things, as the above example shows, which Scott caught, and I have to say, doing this project was a very rewarding expierence, up there with doing the sample battle.

Todd

Noel White
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Hey Macbeth.
Yeh, I do mean the new rule book. It's quite good. You'll like it.

The intent of my original post was to point out some possible errors, from the viewpoint of someone who had just purchased the new rulebook, hereby known as "bob the noob".

If bob had read the book and was trying to play a fast warrior game he might be a little confused when he looked at the Feudal Japanese list and found a unit type that isn't in his rulebook (like LEHI).
This is in contrast to what bob would have read regarding the macedonians, swiss, romans, hoplites..... at the beginging of the fast warrior list section there are special rules regarding such troops.

If bob had friends with the oriental warrior list book, he'd be okay. Some say you can't learn Warrior from just reading the book -- that someone has to teach you -- but I assume the guys at 4HE would like prefer the book (and the Fast Warrior rules) to stand alone. So I thought I'd tell them.

The other stuff was just rulebook typos and other nonsense, inevitable in large works such as this.

Noel.
Macbeth
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject:

Todd, Noel,

thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the new book at the end of this month.

Cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: