Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fast Warrior Inca typo?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamiepwhite
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Fast Warrior Inca typo?

Hi,

I was looking at the Fast Warrior Inca list 273 and comparing the list to it's contemporary opponents. Since the Inca list only has five units instead of the usual six or seven, I was wondering if there is a "x2" missing on one of the lines? Two units of Quechua warriors or dart throwers seem a lot more balanced to me.

Thanks,

Jamie White
scott holder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject:

No. Add up points. The Inca list at 5 units was deliberate.
Greg Preston
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Points of fast warrior New World armies

For those who are interested, below you will find the points totals of the NWW Fast Warrior Armies. I make no promises that they are correct (but I think they are). The range of points indicates that there are options which can be taken within the list that have different costs.
In case the formatting gets confused, each line should read: list number, list name, Minimum points, maximum points, number of Units, and scouting range.

List Name Pts-min Pts-max Units Scouting range
269 Aztec 632 653 7 3
270 Tarascan/Chichimec 640 656 7 3 - 7
271. Mixtec/Zapotec 686 713 7 0 - 3
272. Chanca 625 625 6 3
273. Inca 587 650 5 0 - 3
274. Mayan 686 686 7 6
275. Toltec 639 640 7 3
276. Araucanian 601 707 6 3

within this set of lists there is a possible range of 126 points ie 587 (cheapest Inca option) to 713 (most expensive Mixtec/Zapotec option)

Greg P.
jamiepwhite
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Rock and a hard place

Ok, so there isn't a typo in the list, you've just given any potential Inca fast warrior player two unpleasant choices. Either choose the light infantry option so that you aren't outscouted but are about 10% down in points or choose the LMI option and be on parity with points but almost always outscouted.

Would it be possible to change the dart thrower line from 6 elements of LMI or LI to choosing one unit of 6 elements of LMI or two units of 6 elements of LI? I would always prefer the list with six units and six scouting points but the option would be there for LMI.

Thanks,

Jamie White
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: