Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warrior Press Release 11/02/06

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> FHE Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joncleaves

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Warrior Press Release 11/02/06

Warrior Press Release 11/2/06

Fellow Warriors!

I know, I know – it’s been quiet lately. Time to stir up the pot!

Personally, I took a three month break following Historicon. I didn’t make a big deal out of it and I did play in a Warrior event during that time. But the three years of my life the black rulebook took to do in my so-called spare time had burned me a little around the edges. I had originally intended to hit the ground running on Warrior Battles and other projects as soon as HCon was over, but it was quickly clear going directly from one project to another wasn’t going to permit me to give it the best, freshest effort possible.

So, break’s over! Here’s what we’re working on….

I am just about done with a short errata file on the rulebook. Most of it is taken up by me cleaning up the incendiary expendable rule and I am quite pleased with how little else there is six months after publication.
The Fast Warrior list errata are in a separate file Scott maintains on both the forum and our website.

As soon as I post that, I am returning to work on Warrior Battles full time and will have a playtest copy to you by Christmas. I am VERY excited about finally getting this in front of you. There is a definite market for a simpler army-level Ancients game that gets a lot of support from its company combined with a way to ease someone into Warrior proper. We have every intention of filling that market.

Scott will begin work on Warrior Armies this winter. You have seen the very beginnings of this effort in the planned Barbarian Theme Rules. PLEASE check these out at:

http://www.fourhorsemenenterprises.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16231

and give us your comments. YOUR chance to influence this product is begun.

If you have an unsolicited item on army list design you would like us to consider – for ANY Warrior army – send it to me offline at jon.cleaves@aol.com. Don’t post it to the forum and don’t send it to Scott. Bill and I will screen these and pass the ones along we want to have thoroughly checked out to Scott when that portion of the lists comes up in his schedule.

No need to submit anything on stirrups, Trapezetoi, almughavars or skirmishing EHC! Wink

We are especially looking for your thoughts on lists from Biblical and Dark Age Warrior.

Campaign Warrior can be playtested at:

http://www.fourhorsemenenterprises.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63

This project is waiting for the completion of Warrior Battles.

I will renew our effort to get Warrior markers made by GF9 shortly.

Ok, your turn. Get out there and play some games. Get some events listed on the NASAMW website. Get us some photos for our website and the forum and NASAMW.

And of course, just roll up 3 and let the rest take care of itself!

Jon

corey_s
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject:

Quote:
a simpler army-level Ancients game

Could you elaborate more on what Warrior Battles is, and how it will differ from Warrior, and in what way(s) it is simpler?

Thanks!
joncleaves

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Warrior Battles will be a game that uses Warrior troops and basing but if far simpler. This will be accomplished by aggregating many of Warriors mechanics. For example, Warrior has several ways to withdraw - evade, retire, counter, break off... WB will have one. Warrior has many troop states: tired, disordered, uneasy, broken, willing, fresh, ... WB will have 3.

It will be playable in 2 hours with less impact by terrain and armies between 750-1000 points as a rough equivalent to the way Warrior armies are purchased.

corey_s
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Definitely sounds like a good way to get more players into the fold; such as myself even! Thanks for the info; one last question - though hardly important, I'm just curious - in Battles, will one model/mini == one man/soldier, or will the ratio stay the same as Warrior where one mini equates to many soldiers?

Oh, one more -- will 30mm (i.e. that oversized '28mm' scale certain company's use) be included/facilitated in Battles?

Thanks again!
joncleaves

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject:

WB will still be 1: many. But we will be doing a skirmish level game down the road.

WB will be playable in 30mm, 25mm, 15mm, 10mm, 6mm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> FHE Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: