Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Point Con?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asif Chaudhry
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Point Con?

Hello. Jeff Zorn asked me to make an inquiry to find out if there was any Warrior or other historicals (DBM, etc) going on at PointCon at West Point this year?

If anyone has any information, please email Jeff directly at jrz3@cornell.edu, as he seems to not be able to view the forums directly.

Thanks!
-Asif Chaudhry
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Good question, Asif.

I hadn't thought about this, but am likely happy to run some Warrior. Right now I'm in Holland, and although I am in the US for a few days next week (I hope coinciding with BillCon!) I'm then out again to Oz and UK. Someone poke me on this around the end of Feb.

[Do we have a date this year, btw?]
Adrian Williams
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Let me know when you are in Australia if you have any free time - I work in the Sydney CBD and live in Parramatta. There are a lot of us in Sydney and quite a few Warrior players in Newcastle and Canberra as well.

Adrian

Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Hey, *that* would be cool Smile. I'm visiting Canberra and coming through Sydney en route. Looks like the end Feb/beginning of March is most likely. I'll try to remember to get in touch Smile
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Asif, and others: I am _not_ going to be able to run the PointCon event this year. It's *possible* that I will make it, but can't commit to being the front man, I'm 'fraid.

Any volunteers?
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: It lives!

Well, OK, it would have lived in any case. But I'm also able to make it. Woohoo Smile.

I hear rumours that Jake may have been in touch with Steve Waddell et al. - Jake, is this true? If so, what's the state of play?

While we sort this out though, confirmation: there *will* be a one-day Warrior event at West Point, Sat April 21. With prizes, even. Hope to see many of you there, and I'll try to spread the word via email also. Please, drop me a line if you're planning to come. If we get more than 12 players, I promise to run Viking or something...
Felix

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: PointCon Warrior

When you have the details please send them to me and I'll be happy to post them on the NASAMW site.
Peter Celella
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: It lives!

Ewan McNay wrote:
Well, OK, it would have lived in any case. But I'm also able to make it. Woohoo Smile.

I hear rumours that Jake may have been in touch with Steve Waddell et al. - Jake, is this true? If so, what's the state of play?

While we sort this out though, confirmation: there *will* be a one-day Warrior event at West Point, Sat April 21. With prizes, even. Hope to see many of you there, and I'll try to spread the word via email also. Please, drop me a line if you're planning to come. If we get more than 12 players, I promise to run Viking or something...

Ewan

Are you looking at 15mm or 25mm, and 1200 point or 1600 point? Just wondering.

Peter
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Pointcon

Yo.

I was wondering the same thing. Will the event at Pointcon be 25mm or 15mm. As per usual I am painting as we speak. It just makes a difference if I paint 25mm or 15 mm . Indecision is my usual mode of existance so I am used to it.
Besides Asif and I,also Bill L and I need a rematch.
As Always I will disavow any knowledge of my previous statments.
Ed(the unreliable)
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Scale?

Hi folks -

- I'm assuming 15mm; I'll make more strenuous efforts to track down jake today and see what (if anything) has yet ben set.

It'll be either a 'standard' mini (1200, 4x4) or open (1600, 6x4), is my guess. Bonus points to anyone bringing a tryout army for the H'Con Punic theme Smile
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Details

OK - confirmed as a (1200 point) mini. Choice of 25mm or 15mm scales; loaner armies available in either (*but* let us know in advance!).

Assemble ~9 a.m. for prompt start @ 9.30, playing 3 rounds to finish by 8
(i.e. 9.30 - 12.30, 1.30 - 4.30, 5-Cool. Standard tournament scoring/terrain/etc. Jake and I will ump

Please let me know (either here or by email) plans to attend. Talking to various people, we have potential for a pretty decent turnout, which is nice; PointCon has traditionally attracted all of CT/NY/NJ folk, and that's a decent crowd.

Prizes, of course.

Come play Smile.
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject:

yo
Well as of now I plan on attending, but as most of you know about me, that is a definite maybe.
I will bring both 25mm and 15mm, so I better keep painting, but more quickly.
thanks for everything. Especially your time.
Ed(the unreliable, but now stressed to paint)
Dwyight
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Planning to Attend

There are two, possiblt three of us that plan to attend in 15 mm. Where IS Point Con? Is there a webpage or reference of some sort that we can consult?
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Hi Dwyight -

- glad to have you Smile. PointCon is at West Point, and this year is being held (we believe!) on the 4th floor of Thayer Hall - this is where we were last year also, and while not as delightful as the Ballroom, is decent enough.

See http://pointcon.org/_wsn/page2.html for the (limited) detail available, and also http://www.usma.edu/PublicAffairs/wpmap.JPG for the site itself. Security is present but not onerous; just make sure to bring photo IDs and allow a little extra time.

See you at 9 a.m. on the 21st Smile

Ewan
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Format

Someone asked me to repost details of the PointCon tournament format:

Three rounds, one day, Sat April 21, Thayer Hall on the West Point campus.

Please arrive by 9 or so; the first round will start *promptly* at 9.30. If you've let me know ahead of time that you're definitely coming, I'll try to hold a place, but no guarantees.

1200 points, 4x4 tables (in 15mm; 5x5 in 25mm I guess). 15mm is the default, but happy to have 25mm also if there are enough folks interested - please make sure you bring a 15mm army Smile.

9.30 - 12.30, 1.30 - 4.30, 5 -8 for game times. 3 terrain picks, standard scoring system. Prizes Smile.

Hope to see many of you there; we've had some very good turnouts for PointCon in the past, and you can't beat the setting.

I've heard nothing about any DBM or other systems, so I suspect that we're the only game in town.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: