Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Shield Tournament results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: The Shield Tournament results

We held our annual California 25mm Warrior tournament at "The Shield" convention this weekend. We had a reasonable turnout (for our area), with 7 people participating. Results were as follows:
    Rich Gagliasso, Swiss: 11 points
    Alex Stone, Timurids: 9 points*
    John Bauman, Tlaxcalans: 9 points*
    Dave Lauerman, Early Seleucids: 8 points
    Mark Stone, Shang Chinese: 2 points
    Dale Shanek, Later Crusader: 2 points
    Robert Forbes, Spanish: 1 point

*John and Alex did not play each other, but Alex finished second based on combined scores of opponents.

The Shield is an excellent event to have in our area, as it is restricted to historical gaming. At the big cons like Kubla Con it is simply too hard to compete with Warhammer Fantasy, Warhammer 40K, and various role-playing games that our younger players like Robert and Alex are interested in.

We've adopted a flexible format in the last couple of years that allows players to bow out for a round if there's a scenario game or some such elsewhere in the Con that they'd like to dabble in. So we do things as follows:
1 round Friday night, 3 rounds Saturday, with only best 3 scores counting for a player. Someone can try to optimize their score by playing all 4 rounds, but most players play 3 out of 4 and take time to do other things. It makes the umpire's job a little more challenging to figure out appropriate Swiss-style pairings from round to round, but so far people really haven't had any complaints about the pairings.

I'll try to post some action reports when I have more time. And we have lots of questions about incendiary camel carts.

This was something of a farewell event for me, as I'm relocating to Seattle. The Northern California players have been a really great group of guys over the years, but I'm looking forward to conspiring with Frank Gilson to create a new center of Warrior activity in the "Emerald City".

-Mark Stone
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Warrior content: zero.

However, one of my current relocation options is Portland, OR. Which is not exactly Seattle, but reasonably close. Hmm.

Mark, know anyone up there who needs a world-class protein purification engineer? Jenny'd be delighted to hear of such Smile.
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Ewan McNay wrote:
Warrior content: zero.

However, one of my current relocation options is Portland, OR. Which is not exactly Seattle, but reasonably close. Hmm.

Mark, know anyone up there who needs a world-class protein purification engineer? Jenny'd be delighted to hear of such Smile.

My brother-in-law works for Siemens Medical. Let me see what I can find out. -Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: