Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OK, Ian.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> List Lore
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntiokosIII
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: OK, Ian.......

The annual wait for Scott to publish the Nict lists so that Ian can dish the dirt has oficially begun. Personally, I want to play in a NICT mainly to see what Ian does with one of MY lists. I'm sure it would NOT be pretty, and the suspense is exquisite.
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject:

For Ian, read Ewan, I expect Smile.

This year'll be a little different, though: Mark Stone (and Frank Gilson?) have taken on the initial commentary, with the follow-up part of the peanut-throwing monkey typecast as yours truly.
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Frank is tied up with the challenges of parenthood (Trevor Gilson, Frank's first, was born about two weeks ago). I'm tied up with work at GenCon. As things settle down over the next couple of weeks we should have time to publish the lists and provide some initial commentary.

-Mark Stone
jamiepwhite
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Anticipating list commentary

I have to admit that I too am eagerly looking forward to seeing the different lists and the commentary. Steve and I even started to discuss some guidelines for writing effective army lists, I'm looking forward to comparing the various NICT lists to those guidelines.

Another variant on list discussion, do different regions of the country have different guidelines for writing lists?

Jamie White
AntiokosIII
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: OOPS

<hangs head in shame> yes, I meant Ewan. Go ahead, shoot. Put me out of my misery.
AntiokosIII
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: O, Ewan, where art thou?

The Stones and Gilsons of this world have abandoned us. O, where is the Mighty Ewan, he of the poison pen and odd-looking Sassanids? Will he not come to our aid? Return, O Ewan the Puissant! Exalt the righteous and smite the klutzy, as of yore!
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Dude.

You insult my Sassanids and plea for respite in the same post? Avast, ye unPersian, and cast thy pleas upon the Stone faces of the new idols.

[On the other hand, my supply of peanuts is rapidly going mouldy here. I may be reduced to throwing raisins or some such.]
AntiokosIII
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject:

You mistake me, O He of the Power-Packed Pachyderms! I just meant that your Sassanid lists, although mighty almost beyond description, bear only a passing resemblance to the historical Sassanids, those infamous bed-wetting pansies. No aspersions were intended upon your beautiful, muscular, and overwhelmingly testosterone-laden army. And yes, I do hope to see you publish your comments on the lists 8^)).

I throw myself on the Mercy of the McNay.

<gulp>

Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Very well. We will find you a position in the Pachydermic toenail grooming dept.

However, the lists have thus far been kpt close to the chest of the West Coast Mafia, I'm afraid... and their Midwest Missouri Menace associate, of course.
srawls
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject:

We should all start posting conspiracy theories to explain why it's taking so long. I'll start:

They are using the extra time to analyze all the lists to help make that killer list for next year.

Smile

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> List Lore All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: