Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recruits March 31-April 1.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott holder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Let me further define/confuse the issue.

I'm in no way saying that an event shouldn't be defined as an NICT qualifier up front, assuming the requisite number of people show up and play.

But what I'm saying is that even if you have enough players, if many are already qualified for the NICT and said players take the top positions in the tourney, NASAMW doesn't invite the 4th place player or something just because said player happened to place best amongst the non-NICT qualified. NASAMW's qualifying system is fairly loose but the idea is in order to people to qualify, they need to win a local tourney. Oftentimes placing second is sufficient should enough people participate. This is not unlike how we do things at Cold Wars/Hcon.

There are a couple of reasons for this. One dates back before my time when people were literally stacking local events with this in mind. The other is more recent in that it encourages NICT-qualifiers to either ump (like Kelly's doing) or bring an army "challenging" to run. Other groups, like the No VA Warrior group, actually have some kind of weighting system in place so that players already qualified for the NICT are somehow penalized (or something). This allows them to play and practice with an army they might use for the NICT but still participate in an event that opens up the field to more qualifiers.

Don't worry, local events have been working fine for years and I'm pretty open minded about circumstances and such. I'm just outlining things as they've been done for a good while now so we don't have any expectation errors--nobody wants more participation in the NICT than I do! I haven't had a problem with local events and qualifiers in a long time.

scott

Kelly Wilkinson
Dictator
Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Spring Recruits

Embarassed
I appologize for not answering this as I've been involved in district debate and forensics stuff in addition to being in Springfield, MO. visiting family and friends. Yes, we are doing 15mm and we have lots of prizes. JP, hopefully you can attend. If you have any questions feel free to call me @ 816-737-1547. If you're worried about the charges, I have a calling plan worked out with AT&T and if you call me, I can return your call which won't cost me any extra. Very Happy

Kelly
Kelly Wilkinson
Dictator
Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Spring Recruits

By the way, Scott and Jon have the right of it. I'm only playing in this tournament if we have an odd number. Additionally, the army I'm playing is Early Serbians(if I can find something crappier before the tournament who knows. . .), a list that I've never seen in the top 20 or so in competition. I've already tried it out with some of our new players and it will be a challenge to win with which is my goal. I want to see our newer Warrior players have a chance to qualify. And yes, most of the other qualified players are in the FOW tournament which should make this an even more fun event for the FNG's! Laughing

Kelly
joncleaves

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Don't know who JP is, Kel, but Jon Becker asked about scale. This *is* 15mm, yes?
Kelly Wilkinson
Dictator
Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Spring Recruits

Embarassed

My mistake, Jon! It was that JPPB thing, I didn't pay attention to the fact that he is in West Desmoine. Yes Sir, it's 15mm. And there is a prize for the player who drove the furthest. . . ! Cool

Kelly
Kelly Wilkinson
Dictator
Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Spring Recruits Warrior Results

Salutations everyone,

We held our first ever Warrior tournament at Spring Recruits this past Saturday. As best as I could tell, there were no real hitches and sportsmanship was of the highest level as was the fun. The results are as follows.

1. Mike Lewis - Arab Conquest - 11 points
2. Jon Becker - Med. Spanish - 10 points
3. John Steil - Repub. Indian - 9 points
4. Mark Duncan - Knights of St John - 8 points
5. Dave Huber - Hohenstauffen Sicillian - 7 points
6. Jack Young - 100 year war English - 6 points
7. Kelly Wilkinson - Early Serbians - 6 points
8. Dave Clopp - Theban - 5 points

Best Sportsman was a tie between John Steil and Dave Huber --I believe Dave chose one of the Warrior Army lists and John chose a unit of painted Iphicratid Hoplites (16 fig).

Best Painted Army went to Mike Lewis who does some of the best Arabs in the hobby. He received a bag of unpainted old glory Daylami foot and a jar of Renaisance Ink flocking gel. (Hey, painters don't want painted stuff, ha!)

Military Misfortune Award went to Dave Clopp who received a book entitled, "How Great Generals Win" As an aside, this book features quite a few cool generals including TE Lawerence (of Arabia) and is a great read.

The coveted Next to Last Place Prize went to Me. This consists of a painted unit of 16 Immortals. But since it is my own lead, I gave it to the player just below me, Dave C. (somehow it's just not right to win prizes in the tourney you are putting on). Wink

Drove the furthest - I think that Jon Cleaves is the originator of this prize some years ago and I thought it would be neat to do. John Steil was an "Iron Man" for driving from Northern Iowa to come and play with us. He received the other 16 figure unit of painted Immortals.

First Place - Mike had his pick of a warrior army list but chose to offer this to a player who did not have one of these. Nice gesture and very generous of you Mike.

Second place- Jon Becker - Same situation and he did the same, that Jon is a great guy. Jon ended up with two lists that he promised would go to newly recruited players up in Iowa!

Third and so on received a Warrior army list until everyone was sated on prizes!

I wanted to thank Jon Cleaves Cool and the Four Horsemen for their generous support and Sponsorship(Jon provided a complete set of Army lists which was very much appreciated by the players and myself!). Jon also very generously allowed us to use one of his Flames of War tables, Thanks again Jon.

All painted and unpainted mini's were donated by yours truly. Twisted Evil

Additionally I'd like to thank Dwayne Fleck the person who made Spring Recruits possible, for giving us tables for our tournament. Very Happy

And lastly I'd like to thank everyone who showed up and played. Thanks for making this so fun! Very Happy

Kelly

PS If I've forgotten anything or left anyone out please feel free to correct me. Laughing
joncleaves

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Having confirmed with Scott, as Mike Lewis is qualified from the January team tourney, Jon Becker is qualified as a result of Spring Recruits.

J

Kelly Wilkinson
Dictator
Dictator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Jon Qualified

Jon C,

This is wonderful news Very Happy and means our tournament wasn't for nothing! Thanks very much, Cool

Kelly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: