Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Syracusan List Rule

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Low

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Syracusan List Rule

We've taken a look at the list rule in the online errata that allows Syracusan Citizen Hoplites to fight 2-1/2 ranks when charging, etc. While Bill Chriss makes an interesting argument for regional balancing within an army list book, we don't think this list rule can be supported by the history and will be taking it down. Looks like some kind of typo. Thanks for the input.
Kelly Wilkinson
Dictator
Dictator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Syracusan Citizen Hoplites

Thanks Bill.

Kelly
Bill Chriss
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject:

Obviously, I have no problem with this decision. Prompted by Kelly, I was just speculating as to what the possible justification for the existence of the list rule might be. Of course, an innocent oversight is as good a justification as any, actually perhaps even better! And kudos to Bill and Scott for carefully analyzing the situation and acknowledging it. I am always happy to see Spartans and their allies put in their place Smile Now if we could only figure out how to duplicate Archmedes' giant mirror death ray on the table top...On second thought.... my Messenian ex-helots prefer the pigs. Peltasts and hoplites ho!
Bill Low

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject:

Thanks, guys. To be fair to Bill Chriss' post, I should have said good "point" (rather than "argument"). Go peltasts!
Kelly Wilkinson
Dictator
Dictator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Syracusan Citizen Hoplites

Bill (Chris),

Where did you come by all those excellent camp figures for your hoplites? I meant to ask you at Historicon but forgot in all the hubbub of gaming. I realize this is going off the subject but I really like the guys that look like they're playing dice or whatever.

Kelly

PS to keep this on the subject of Syracuse. With the Little Big Men decals being so Glorious, I have been thinking about doing a Syracusan army after I paint up my Carthagenians and Phyrrics to go along with my Camillans. I'm in love with this period in history.
Bill Chriss
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject:

These are actually mostly Foundry figures, Kelly. They have a few camp figures with guys drinking; camp followers; captives, etc. There is also a great casting of a priest sacrificing a sheep on an altar, but I can't remember who makes it (Old Glory???). If I remember right, you already have that one, or maybe that was someone else. Check the Foundry website carefully for casualties and camp figures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: