Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Romano Brits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelly Wilkinson
Dictator
Dictator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Romano Brits

Okay, here goes. I am considering running a Romano Brit army (yes, I own 2nd and even 3rd tier armies!) and I was wondering if the Cinc and the Cambrogi can be armed with lance, shouldn't the Subgenerals as well? I'm thinking that Good old Mordred should get to be lance worthy as well. He's gotta have something long and pointy to nail daddy with when he becomes a nasty rebel, right?

Kelly
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Romano Brits

Kelly Wilkinson wrote:
Okay, here goes. I am considering running a Romano Brit army (yes, I own 2nd and even 3rd tier armies!) and I was wondering if the Cinc and the Cambrogi can be armed with lance, shouldn't the Subgenerals as well? I'm thinking that Good old Mordred should get to be lance worthy as well. He's gotta have something long and pointy to nail daddy with when he becomes a nasty rebel, right?

Kelly

And any time you want to run this list in Fantasy Warrior I'm sure you'll be permitted to do just that....

-Mark Stone
Kelly Wilkinson
Dictator
Dictator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Fantasy Warrior

That's a good idea for Fantasy Warrior. To be honest, I think many of the rules in that area of Warrior go unappreciated. Have you played in any Fantasy Warrior tournaments, Mark? The magic system is great and doesn't over balance the game. Additionally, I can't wait to eventually purchase a fantasy list book of armies for this set. My fave would be to see the Middle Earth lists! I've always been a big fan of that genre.

Back to my question, since you offered an opinion, why do you think subgens wouldn't have the lance? The list says,
Quote:
Sub-generals were usually the sons of allied kings in an attempt to ensure loyalty of these chronically untrustworthy rivals. In many cases, these sons were extremely loyal to their commanders as was the case with Vortigern's son, Vortimer, who served under Ambrosius

Arthur is mentioned in the list notes but certainly these Subgens and retinue would be close to the King and likely trained and equipped well as is due their status as "hostages." I suppose they don't have to be knights of the round table as such and perhaps a subject of fantasy as at least one could be Vortimer serving under Ambrosius which are mentioned in the text and another Uther who may or may not be fantasy. . . Either way, it's still a very Manly list.
Edward Sturges
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Greetings

I notice that in the errata the L option is only for the Irr/Reg A elements. The sub-generals, and indeed ally-generals are B. Just tp speculate (there's no evidence as far as I am aware for L in this period in Britain merely a notion that there may have been carry over from the Roman period) as elements of HC/EHC represent c. 150 men this is quite a lot to retrain to a weapon even if the ex-'hostage' leader knows how to use it.

Regards

Edward

Kelly Wilkinson
Dictator
Dictator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject:

I suppose I should just be happy that the Romano Brits even get Lances at all. With the few lancers they do possess, at least they have some kind of mounted arm that can add some punch to the list. Cool As one of my gaming buddies here in KCMO says, "A lance armed mounted wing is often critical to have a chance at victory." Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: