Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Later T'Ang Bandit Basing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntiokosIII
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Later T'Ang Bandit Basing

The Later Tang list contains troops called Bandits whic can be mixed units of 1/2 Irreg A and 1/2 Irreg E LMI. This sounds, well, irresistably cool. I have a couple questions about units I think I can field, that I beleive to be legal, but ewhich seem screwy enough that an opponent might question them.

(1) The rules provide, IIRC, that Irr E troops can be based on cavalry -sized bases, one imagines to accomodate troops originally based as hordes for DBM. Can Lmi based on the larger bases be used in mixed units with LMI based the regular way? I have in mind a unit of 2 ranks of Irra LMI JLS,Sh, backed up by 2 ranks of Irr E LMI, IPW. The A's would be on normal LMI bases 3 figs to a stand, the E's would be on 30mm deep bases, with a wild mix of troops on each stand (peasants with pitchforks, women on oxen waving banners, children, aged and infirm, etc.). I think it would look very cool. Is it legal?

(2) Would the unit described above get to use the Coldwars barbarian Foot rules?

(3) I assume that for CPF purposes the E class troops would count as having 3 figs per bas no matter what sort of motley mob I crowd on there?

I suspect that the answer to all of these is yes, but I am so delighted with the prospect of fielding these weirdos that I am worried it might be too good to be true- and I want to be able to look my opponent in the eye and say "Sure it's legal. Why?"

scott holder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject:

1) No.

2) No. Well, in part. It certainly wouldn't get #1. As for #2, it would (at present) because the unit is partially C morale grade or better.

3) Yes.

scott

AntiokosIII
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Not Legal!?! AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!! @#%^$@^#@!!!

I mean, oh, dear, that's unfortunate. Oh, well, it woulda looked cool, a sort of diorama effect. I assume its the basing that is illegal, and not the troop mix? Thanks for the quick response , Scott. Wasn't the answer I wanted or expected, but I am now VERY glad I asked and I do appreciate getting such a quick answer.

Would I be welcome to double-base the E class troops (ie for 15mm scale, put them on 40x40 bases costed as 2 elements each) ? This would keep the depths consistent while allowing for the "diorama"effect I want. To be clear, I am not looking for any competitive edge here, I just think I can make it look good, and look like a mob of hangers-on wannabees and camp followers trailing behind the REAL troops- a sort of Bandit posse. Is that a legal solution?

joncleaves

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject:

*Actually*, you can do #1 as long as the stands are played in every way like normal Irr LMI stands. Scott's answer is really about it not being legal to *play* them as deeper/more figs.
It would indeed look cool.

AntiokosIII
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, Jon. <sketches a clumsy bow> I am going to put these guys on the 40x40 double bases and sent them into battle, praying they don't have to pass any waver tests! Oh, well, they'll look cool routing off table, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: