Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CW Mini musings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Todd Schneider
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject:

Being a relatively new player, my tournament expierence is limited with regards to Warrior, but here's a few things I do before I start a tournament.

1. I print multiple copies of my army list. I have an excel spreadsheet I use that works for me, and at the bottom is a large blank space I use to for my map. When I am done with a game, I throw that lists away, and use a fresh sheet for the next game.

2. I figure I am going to be playing a list that I have been playing for awhile. Chances are I've been playing it for awhile, and have had it out on the table before, so I should know what it looks like against different types of armies and in different terrain. I don't think I spend to much time on command structure. If you have a 1600 point army with 3 Generals, should it take you more than 5 minutes to figure out what should be in each command, especially if you are a long time player of that list? To me at least, if this is the first time I am running a list, I can see it taking longer. But, as an example, if you have been playing Nike Byzantine for years and years, why is it taking you so long to deploy?

3. I try and keep my figs organized by command. I try and put them away by command after the game. Sometimes I am more aware of this, sometimes not. But it does help for setup.

Anyways, at least from my POV, there is a simple fix to the problems stated, and one that fits the Warrior format quite well.

Dock the person points.

You get "X" amount of minutes to setup. Exceed that, lose 100 points. Show up without your own terrain, lose "50" points. Using an old set of WRG charts? Lose "50" points. And so on.

Now, for my n00b question of the thread: Is it possible to many players spend to much time playing "What If?" In their head, and the next thing they know it's 30 minutes later and they haven't deployed a thing? As in "If I deploy this knight unit here he'll deploy that Elephant unit there and then I'll have to....." and so on? I know Warrior is a complex, involved game, thats one of the reasons I like it, but is it possible we are making it more complex than it already is?

Regards,
Todd

jamiepwhite
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Gossip

Derek is scheduling some 25 mm tournaments over the summer, would there be any interest in sending the family to the beach while you or some friends went to a Derekcon? Steve Rawls and I could help you work out travel plans or loan 25 mm armies. Carrying a 25mm army on a plane would be tough.

My grandfather came over from Ireland in 30s, so no Canada relatives that I know.

Chris Cameron used to spend a fair amount time around here playing 25s when he wasn't on an aircraft carrier.

Jamie
Adrian Williams
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Siward"]Just because we always use preset terrain in Australia, doesn't mean everybody likes it.

Cheers............Geoff

Picking your own terrain would not fix the Saxon's problems Geoff!

Adrian

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: