Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Simple Shooting Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atkins
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Simple Shooting Questions

Hi

I realise this must be in the rules, but I can not find the answers to two simple questions! (I only started playing 20 years ago, so bear with me)

The first concerns preparatory shooting. I assume this is simultaneous as 8.12 states all shooting at and by a target takes place.

My second concerns shooters being charged. I think if they are lucky and eligible they get to fight three times.

They shoot in the Preparatory shooting phase. (Casualties are not carried on unless CPFs)

They shoot again in Support shooting, and I now start getting confused! I am invited by 9.1 to "Apply cohesion and waver test results of support shooting. All I can see is if the shooters inflict 3CPF the attackers become discorded. (5.222).

However the shooters now throw down their bows, and fight for a third time, this time hand to hand.

Have I got it slightly right! Thanks in advance

Peter
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Simple Shooting Questions

atkins wrote:
Hi

I realise this must be in the rules, but I can not find the answers to two simple questions! (I only started playing 20 years ago, so bear with me)

The first concerns preparatory shooting. I assume this is simultaneous as 8.12 states all shooting at and by a target takes place.

My second concerns shooters being charged. I think if they are lucky and eligible they get to fight three times.

They shoot in the Preparatory shooting phase. (Casualties are not carried on unless CPFs)

They shoot again in Support shooting, and I now start getting confused! I am invited by 9.1 to "Apply cohesion and waver test results of support shooting. All I can see is if the shooters inflict 3CPF the attackers become discorded. (5.222).

However the shooters now throw down their bows, and fight for a third time, this time hand to hand.

Have I got it slightly right! Thanks in advance

Peter

Sounds like you actually have all that pretty much correct.

Preparatory shooting is simultaneous, though you resolve each self-contained shooting exchange in order from one side of the table to the other, depending on the established combat direction for that turn (the player who moved first in approach moves rolls for combat direction at the beginning of preparatory shooting).

Yes, a unit can have three combat rolls in a turn: prep shooting, support shooting, and hand-to-hand combat.

-Mark Stone
joncleaves

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Both of you are correct.

Jon

atkins
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Jon and Mark. I am looking forward to getting some games in.

Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: