Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hohenstaufen Cinc and staff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelly Wilkinson
Dictator
Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: hohenstaufen Cinc and staff

In the early period for the Hohenstaufen Sicillian list 18 of Feudal Warrior I've noticed that only the Cinc and his element may be upgraded to Reg A. The only other option for Reg A seems to be the Muslim HC and the Reg C HK. Is this right? Shouldn't there be an option to give the cinc an element of Reg A's or is the above the only option?

Kelly
scott holder

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Um, there's nothing to clarify or post errata on here. The list says what it says.

scott

Kelly Wilkinson
Dictator
Dictator

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Hohenstaufen Cinc

Okay, I was just curious because the earlier list allows for 1 element of Reg A HK L,Sh and the early list is not that far removed from the Siculo-Norman. I've already resolved this list with an Irr Cinc and Subs, but was just curious. Thanks for your answer.

Kelly
joncleaves

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject:

What's the issue Kel? The guy can have Reg B K with him, so why would you even need Reg A?
Kelly Wilkinson
Dictator
Dictator

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Hohenstaufen Cinc

I must be reading the list wrong. I'll take another look at the errata and try to figure it out. Sometimes I have trouble reading some of the lists. I just didn't see where they could get reg b guys. Maybe it's my mistake, if so, I'm sorry for wasting your time. Embarassed Confused

Kelly
joncleaves

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject:

He could be in a unit with with the muslim nobles, but also could be with any regular K.
Kelly Wilkinson
Dictator
Dictator

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Hoho Cinc + German Merc

Jon,

As the list is now, one can have a Reg C German Mercenaries as a second element or these can be upgraded to Reg B "Itallian" Mercenaries. From a gamers standpoint, that means one must purchase another mercenary element which kind of sucks. From a historical standpoint, I doubt that the Holy Roman Emperor would need to use mercenaries in his own bodyguard, just my opinion. It seems logical too me that any such troops should come from German Knights available from his court.

Considering the above situation, what if one wanted to take the 3 subs as Regular? The answer is, unless you want Regular C Mercenaries as part of their bodyguard, you will need to buy a boatload more mercs to get the B's you want as only 1/2 can be upgraded to b's. Not a good overall deal and quite unlikely unless someone can document that the Holy Roman Emperor used mercs in his staff instead of Royal Knights. Just my opinion.

Kelly
joncleaves

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject:

If you have all the knights you need, you don't hire mercenaries....

The reason you set Scott off so with these questions is that, while they look innocent enough the way you word them on the forum, we know that what is really going on is a reconstructed reraising of long decided issues and the request for list changes to suit your gaming needs.

You know that we think that what would qualify for what you call "royal knights" in this list do not have sufficient numbers to make such a unit. But yet you ask anyway and carefully craft the question to both make it seem new and innocently asked. In the great scheme of things, pretty minor. Done over and over again over the course of years - wears a guy out.
I would suggest that, if you just *have* to ask these type questions that you make a list and PM me with them. For those that have merit, we will post the question and answer on the forum.

Thanks.
J

Kelly Wilkinson
Dictator
Dictator

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Hoho's

Beyond this question for the Hohenstaufen sicillian, I don't recall ever, ever, ever making any statements in the past regarding this list, ever. Now that I have a new player using it and making lists out of it, I'm asking questions. Some of these lists are not easy to navigate. I have not intended to set Scott or anyone off. I really have no agenda, I suppose my job allows me too much time to think about this rules set and it's lists. Inasfar as the meroitic kushite list is concerned, I just wanted a clarification. The fact is, I have a boatload of "African" bowmen and I'm trying to put together a list for their use. They've sat on a shelf for the past 10 years all painted up and ready to be based, but the list seems incomplete and thus my question for clarification about the MI not being costed for Irr A.

As far as my gaming needs go, I paint 95% of the time and probably game the other 5%. My real desire is to have clarification and understanding when I'm asking these questions. As far as my desires for my pet lists go, I have decided long ago that there are plenty of lists out there that I can paint up and still have fun with. I just go with the flow as it doesn't matter if I have Daylami or trapezatoi, or whatever. . . Those are all dead issues.

Jon, who among our newbies here in KC plays Hoho's? If you haven't noticed, we're trying to get his Hoho army painted and the lists he wants to use fleshed out. Warrior is a great product and I actively promote it wherever there is gaming. Please don't always question whether I have some hidden agenda, I really don't. Really.

And by the way, I'll be at the store if you wish to discuss this further. I hate doing this over the email. Sad
joncleaves

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Yesterday's trapezetoi is today's German knight....

I'll talk to you at TTG.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: