Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Warrior Participation getting smaller?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vdal1812
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Is Warrior Participation getting smaller?

A thread on the Fanaticus forum discusses the decreased participation of players in both DBM and Warrior tournaments at HMGS cons. I enjoy playing Warrior, although I have never played in a tournament. Do we know if Warrior is growing? Are we doing enough to introduce new players? Is the poster on Fanaticus completely wrong?

Thanks

Vidal
chrisbump
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject:

it has diminished in Texas and Southern California. What about elsewhere?

Chris
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject:

My perception is that Warrior is pretty healthy. It is a highly complex rules set in a niche gaming area; as such, it will never have anything like mainstream participation. But I was a lapsed player six years ago, and since I got back into the hobby, judging by the Lancaster events, Warrior has steady and healthy participation.

We have dozens of players that show up for Cold Wars and Historicon. We have a core of players who are deeply committed. While most of those players are 40+ in age, we actually have a spectrum of age groups represented at major events. We have active participation from guys in their 20s and 30s. We have a handful of players in their teens who are regular, repeat participants in events.

I don't want to make direct comparisons with other Ancients miniatures systems -- that's not the purpose of this forum -- but just eyeballing things at Lancaster compared to our neighbors in the same gaming area, I'd say we compare very favorably.

Should we be doing more in the way of recruitment and outreach, especially at the local level? Sure. Am I worried about Warrior being around for the long term as an active, viable rules system? Not at all. This is a system that is here to stay.

-Mark Stone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: