Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

28MM ROMANS AND CELTS (PLASTIC)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Painting and Modeling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D PIPER
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: 28MM ROMANS AND CELTS (PLASTIC)

Just thought people might want to know about some new figs to hit the market soon they look pretty nice to me. Paul Sawyer used to work for gamesworkshop and has now started his own company. There work looks nice I just hope they expand the ranges more. The price seems to be 17 Pounds for 30 figures with command and Transfers for the shields. The web site is for Warlord Games UK. WWW.warlordgames.co.uk

Let me know what you all think....
chrisbump
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject:

I have been watching this movement closely. Perry has also released some plastic figures and there is one other manufacturer that is releasing Caesarian Romans to start.

Couple of thoughts:
Plastic is harder to work with when trying to remove mould lines.
these figures are being moulded such that each will require assembly. this is a little more invloved. it allows for more variance in the figures (nice) but also requires some modicum of modeling skills.

My only real concern with this approach to figures is that they will be more brittle than metal figures. That aside, it definitely makes 28mm more affordable for many. That may in fact open the door for more gamers, both good things.

How fast they come out with additional figures and lines of figures may have much to do with how succesful these lines willl be. If they are hoping to fund future lines with the incomes from these first lines, then this may be short lived.

Additional lines and more affordable entre' and participation in 28m gaming is only a good thing though.

Chris
D PIPER
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject:

I emailed the company they are getting ready to release more minitures for these lines which will include metal as well as plastic minitures. As to the brittleness of the minitures I have done a lot with the GW plastics and these are supposed to be along the same lines as those so they should be great to work with. Also the inclusion of shield transfers will help me tremendously I can paint the figures okay but freehand shield patterns give me fits......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Painting and Modeling All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: