Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Historicon 08
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Chriss
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Historicon 08

This is in response to John Garlic's musings over how come nobody is trash talking, asking rules questions, or raising a ruckus in anticipation of H'Con. Well, my boy John and I will be there as usual, but don't expect any trash talk from me because I lose too often. But I love the Warrior game system, lists, and brand, so I'll do my best to support it. I think without it, I might have lots of pretty well painted lead to sell. So let's try to have a good turnout this year in the Theme and the Open, as I am confident the NICT will take care of itself.

And...one piece of trash talk, I suppose: Who cares about the scoreboard. Hope springs eternal, and noboby is as good as my Hellenistic Greeks! Cool

I'm trying here to bait some of the older hands into giving Philopoemen and the rest of my army some bulletin board material...

Bill Chriss
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject:

Oh yeah, and Scott, please go meta when you get the time. We'd like to hear more. And Ewan, I wonder if we can schedule a Harvard-Yale rematch. And Bill, do you have a Mycenaean Amry for me to borrow in either scale????

And by the way, someone let me know in advance if the competition will likely be tougher in the 25mm or the 15mm Open, so I can decide which Hellenistic Greek Army to bring...

Still trying to provoke some interest.......

Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Greek,

I'm just happy to push lead and throw dice. I look forward to seeing the Greek forces across the table. It has been a while since we have clashed.

I'm also looking forward to the Biblical theme - chariots, chariots, chariots... we don't see them too often anymore.

Todd K

Bill Chriss
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Hi Todd,

Great to hear you'll be in attendance. For myself, I may skip the Theme and spend that day in the dealer room! I would love to unleash Irr A Achilles and his Myrmidons on someone, but the notion of playing three mini games and three open games with the Hellenistc army, with a one day break and maybe a friendly game in between on Friday seems pretty tempting...

John Garlic
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject:

Hi All,

I am planning on three solid days of Warrior. Dmitri and I are really looking forward to the Biblicals. Although I was a bit bummed that my Late Hebrews no longer get to use all of the chariots I have, I do think it is a solid list. The Early Hebrews looks cool as well, al;though I think it would be a real challenge to outscout someone with only LI. Dmitri and I have been experimenting with the Egyptians also and like that list as well. Should be a fun time.

John Garlic
scott holder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Is anybody up for a Biblical Theme game Wed night in 25mm? I have some setup stuff to do but that never takes any great amount of time. I'd love to get in a warm up game.

Mark Stone will be umping the Theme so I'll be participating, again in 25mm.

scott

Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Hi Todd,

Great to hear you'll be in attendance. For myself, I may skip the Theme and spend that day in the dealer room! I would love to unleash Irr A Achilles and his Myrmidons on someone, but the notion of playing three mini games and three open games with the Hellenistc army, with a one day break and maybe a friendly game in between on Friday seems pretty tempting...

Greek,

I've done just what you've suggested many a times, but alas I haven't had the time to game as much as I'd like. Besides, the Pharoah has called the muster and I've been called up to lead the armies of the New Kingdom Egyptians. How can I resist???

I guess that this year I'm glutton for punishment and will go for 8 battles over 3 days. I do have to say that the additional time between rounds does reduce the stress level a little. The 2 day NICT format also makes Thursday less stressful (well, sort of) as well.

Todd

John Garlic
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Hey Todd,

It must've been a wrong number. Tuthmosis III hails from South Texas now Smile. Dmitri will be leading the truly annointed New Kingdom Egyptians. I will, of course, have the Hebrews there once again to fight oppression! Can't wait.

BTW, I had never read much on the Egyptians until helping Dmitri; and it was some fascinating reading. Ramses II was seriosly kewl!

John Garlic
John Garlic
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Hey Todd,

It must've been a wrong number. Tuthmosis III hails from South Texas now Smile. Dmitri will be leading the truly annointed New Kingdom Egyptians. I will, of course, have the Hebrews there once again to fight oppression! Can't wait.

BTW, I had never read much on the Egyptians until helping Dmitri; and it was some fascinating reading. Ramses II was seriosly kewl!

John Garlic
Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Hey Todd,

It must've been a wrong number. Tuthmosis III hails from South Texas now . Dmitri will be leading the truly annointed New Kingdom Egyptians. I will, of course, have the Hebrews there once again to fight oppression! Can't wait.

John Garlic

John,

Oh, don't worry. Tuthmosis III has long since crossed the Nile and is in the afterlife. I have been called by Ramses III - the last great pharaoh of the New Kingdom. I look forward to meeting you in battle and after the game you can say "Let my people go" all you want Laughing

Todd

John Garlic
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject:

I guess I'll need to bring a stick. Hmmm, I wonder if locusts counts as a strategem?

Lookin' forward to some good gamin'

John
Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject:

Nice references there John. This is one of the best times of the year.

Todd

Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Ready!

The powerful forces of [INSERT BORROWED ARMY HERE] will fight you in [INSERT SCALE OF BORROWED ARMY HERE]!

The skillful [INSERT ARMY COMMANDER OR POLITICAL FIGURE FROM BORROWED ARMY HERE] will swiftly defeat you!

Guess at least for Biblical I'll find out what I'm playing maybe the day of?

Frank
Bill Chriss
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject:

What are the general themes for CW and H'COn coming up in 2009???? I will need much head start.....
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject:

Ha! The mighty (if unwashed) forces of {{$rand(biblical_army)}} will sweep you away. Or possibly sweep themselves away, depending on that RNG..

..Bill: I'd be delighted. I will be around on Thursday morning, for example; or an additional game one night is also good! Alas, I have forsaken Yale for the lesser (if also less-pressured) halls of Albany, albeit retaining an adjunct appointment, and my regalia is currently on a moving truck somewhere in New Jersey - but the concept is good!

I confess, I actually have a plan for the Theme. Nowhere near as good as my Hun plan for the Mini last time out, but it is a plan. It involves rolling up a lot Wink.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: