Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fall In 08 Warrior Tourneys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott holder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Fall In 08 Warrior Tourneys

Please note it's really different this year.

Come up on Friday for Fast Warrior, it really is fun and a fairly non-pressure way to try and qualify for the NICT.

Also note at the bottom: Warrior Battles!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, here's the rundown:

Players must check in 30 minutes prior to listed start time. One list (errata to 1 Jul 0Cool. Order cards will be used. Climate and generals must be rolled. 2.0 hr rounds for Fast Warrior, 3.5 hr rounds for Open. Special Rules: Barbarian Foot Rules in effect. Rear zone 360p in 15mm Open. X-Rules 5.11 and 6.45 in use.

Friday:

Noon-7pm
Fast Warrior Open, 15mm
Fast Warrior armies from Warrior Rulebook.
Round 1: Noon, Round 2: 2:30pm, Round 3: 5pm
GM: Eric Turner

7:30-11pm
Warrior Open, Round 1
1600 pt army, 3.5 hour rounds, 8x5 tables (25mm), 6x4 tables (15mm)
Round 1: 7:30pm
Special Rules for Open only:
-JLS-armed cav fights 1.5 ranks if charging, countercharging or pursuing.
-Armies with Army Standard and an option for a Sacred Standard may upgrade to the latter for free.
-SHC are 8 pts cheaper per element than listed.
-LI counts 1 scouting point per element if there are 4 or more terrain pieces in the Mini, 6 or more in the Open.
-General character of 5 can be Bold or reroll on Special General’s table). Special General Table
1 Bleeder. General has a physical defect that makes him more prone to a catastrophe. In Hand to Hand, if the Bleeder's unit takes 2 CPF or more, and makes a unmodified melee roll of -2, -3, or -4, forces a catastrophe. In preparatory shooting, if the Bleeder's unit is takes 2 CPF and the missile fire die roll is +2 or higher, forces a catastrophe. 2 Inattentive. General is sick or wounded. General gets only 10 prompt points a turn. 3 Efficient General gets 20 prompt points
4 Brave, Generals unit is always adds an additional +1 in melee. (So a down 3 roll for a Regular B General is even.) 5 Inspirational. Unit with general is never uneasy. If the General is the CIC then all units within 120 paces are never uneasy. 6 Great. General is Efficient, Brave, and Inspirational.
GM: Eric Turner & Phil Gardocki

Saturday:

9am-10pm
Warrior Open, Rounds 2-3
Round 2: 9am, Round 3: 1:30pm.

7-11pm
Warrior Battles Playtest Demo
1000 pt army with modifications, 2 hour rounds. See Warrior Forum for details and how to get playtest copy of the rules
Round 1: 7pm. Round 2 (if played): 9pm
GM: Jon Cleaves

Peter Celella
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Warrior Battles

Where on the forum can I get a copy of the rules? There are a bunch of guys locally who have recently taken up Ancients gaming, but FoG is what has drawn them in. I've had a really difficult time getting any of these guys to look at Warrior, mainly due to the fatigue counting and combat resolution system. If Warrior Battles simplifies these aspects of the game, there is a good chance I can get some Connecticut people to give the system a serious look.

Peter C
scott holder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject:

The rules aren't out yet. Jon's plan is to have a draft version ready 2 weeks before Fall In.

And yes, WB is designed to appeal to FoG people. Wink

scott

Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject:

Peter -

- bring 'em to the Oct 11 Albany event Smile. [You *are* coming, right?!]
Matt Kollmer
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject:

Warrior at the Time Machine in CT would be nice!!!! They seem to have a bad preconceived notion about Warrior, FoG does seem to have taken them. I'd be willing to help Peter get things moving with WB in CT, I know at least a couple of the guys there would try it out.......
Of course that would mean I'd have to be able to actually leave my house to play.........Heh Ewan!?

speaking of which.....E, your not in Milford anymore! there's no place like home!

MK Wink
Peter Celella
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject:

Ewan McNay wrote:
Peter -

- bring 'em to the Oct 11 Albany event Smile. [You *are* coming, right?!]

Would love to Ewan, but I don't think I'm going to be free that Saturday. I'm supposed to bring my youngest daughter to a big out of town, travel soccer tournament that day. Maybe if there is a massive rainstorm that washes the soccer out....

Peter C
Peter Celella
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject:

scott holder wrote:
The rules aren't out yet. Jon's plan is to have a draft version ready 2 weeks before Fall In.

And yes, WB is designed to appeal to FoG people. Wink

scott

Cool!

Can't wait to see them once Jon has something ready.

Thanks for the information, Scott.

Peter C
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject:

You're right, Matt: both about never leaving your house (dammit, we've had *4* Warrior clinics up here now, and not a single Kollmer sighting!) and about my profile... I'll fix it Smile.

Hope to see MANY of you up here in Albany on Saturday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: