Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warrior Battles 1.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Warrior Playtest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott holder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Warrior Battles 1.0

Let's have a drum roll please!

You can now download Warrior Battles 1.0.

Jon will be running a WB Demo at Fall In on Saturday evening. Download the rules and start playing! Hopefully after his demo, you'll have time (you should) to get in a game of your own.

Bear in mind that WB is definitely in beta form. I'll be coordinating playtest so post your comments here. Feel free to start new threads.

Although you can technically play WB with "full point" Warrior armies, not everything in Warrior will be utilized in WB. Also, we're trying to focus the game on lists that are approximately 1000 pts in size. Initial "conversions" for WB are:

No single element generals.
No temporary fortifications
No Expendables
No transport
No Artillery
No strategems

As for mins/maxs, we don't have a conversion guideline yet so are open to suggestions, particularly if you play a couple of them. Off the top of my head, I'd say that you could reduce mins/maxs by 1/3 but nothing goes below 1. Again, that's just an idea so play around with it.

scott

joncleaves

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Note that artillery will be "brought back in" as soon as possible. Just needed to work with it offline a little.

Fighting transport is up in the air, but we want hussites playable, so *something* will get done, just not today.

TFs, incendiaries, etc, will only be in the siege version on not in "normal" play.

Peter Celella
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Wow!

Pretty excited about this guys. We'll be getting some playtesting in with this as soon as possible in Connecticut and will let you know how it goes.

Is there any reason not to run games with either 1200 point or 1600 point armies?

Peter C
joncleaves

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Pete

back of the envelope playtesting tells me 1000 points gets to our goal of 1.5-2 hours max play time.

i'd like to make sure I find out if that is true first.

afterwards we can see what it takes for those who want to put on larger/longer games. but the base case has to be under 2 hours.

Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Warrior Battles

hi
I hope to download these rules and see if I can do something with them. More comments later.
EdKollmer
Peter Celella
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject:

joncleaves wrote:
Pete

back of the envelope playtesting tells me 1000 points gets to our goal of 1.5-2 hours max play time.

i'd like to make sure I find out if that is true first.

afterwards we can see what it takes for those who want to put on larger/longer games. but the base case has to be under 2 hours.

Sounds fine, Jon - although I think that 2-2.5 hour playtimes would also make a nice target. I would have thought that 1200 points would be a good point level, and would be in line with the standard Warrior mini, but, no problem - I'll try things out at 1000 points.

Of course, my initial playtests will be with Jacob, so given his play style, the 1.5 hour time target will probably end up being 45 minutes Smile.

Can't wait to see how these play - I think there is some real potential here to get some of the guys playing FoG to give these a look-see.

Peter
joncleaves

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject:

We have gotten great feedback from the playtest of 1.0. I am now taking it all in and making a version 1.1 for playtest that incorporates all the excellent suggestions made and lessons learned from 1.0.

Thanks for your patience, will have it to you as soon as I can.

Jon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Warrior Playtest All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: