Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maurikian Byzantine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Garlic
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Maurikian Byzantine

Hello,

I am starting an army of Maurikian Byzantine for the Historicon themed tournament. I read this chapter of a book about early wargames. Said chapter talked about the Byzantines and Sassinid Persians. I was inspired to make a Byzantine army and would like some advice. I will try it out against my Dad's Pre-Feudal Germans soon.

My list currently includes:

1 x CinC Reg A 2E EHC L, B, Sh
6 x Reg B 2E 1/2 EHC - 1/2 HC L, B, Sh
4 x Reg B 2E 1/2 EHC - 1/2 HC L, Sh (required)

1 x 2inC Reg A 2E EHC L, B, Sh
2 x Reg C 4E LC B, Sh (required)
1 x Irr B 2E HC JLS, Sh (required)
1 x Irr C 4E LC JLS, B, Sh
1 x Reg D 6E LI SS
1 x Reg D (1E C) LI JLS, Sh

Dmitri Garlic
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Maurikian Byzantine

Ahhhh... Cool My boy. My name is Ed Kollmer. Maybe you have been warned about me from the other players Smile . I looked upon your missive as a kindred spirit. I like you already. Anyone who signs his messages with DIMITRI, is close to my heart. I am a Byzantinophil. I named one of my Sub Gen Dimitri
You also mentioned that you were INSPIRED. Good choice of words. It is not by chance that you chose it. Remember, Byzantines are always the forces of GOOD Very Happy . The Sassinids and other Barbarians are not INSPIRED, but POSSESSED. Twisted Evil
Anyway, I made a new year's resolution to be good about my ranting. I hope that one of the better list technicans comes in to study your list. I, humbly, acknowledge my weakness in this area. Scott, ToddK, MikeM, BillL, FrankG, Ewan, My son MattK, MarkS, need to give some good advise.
However, in the meantime, having looked at MikeM's NICT list of Nike Byzantines, I am hoping that the EHC can skirmish. Which will make them so much more valuable.
I have found that the LI SS are very good for holding a Flank while you hammer somewhere else. I have found with the list you have, that you want to probe with the LC, then when you find the spot smash with the EHC use your Generals to go impetuous.
I think your IrrB HC will be good to get rid of any skirmishes that are in your way, since their JLS is better against them. The Lance is better for the shock.
Now how to do what I just said above is where I have a problem. Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable will help you there.
I feel that you will have no problem with the PreFeudal Germans. Skirmish and tire them out and then turn and attack for the kill. When I play my Nikes I always loved to face Knights. They tire so quickly.
Good luck.
Always remember you are the forces of GOOD and good always triumphs over .... well you know who. Wink
Ed the byzantinophil
Bill Chriss
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Dmitri,

Look over at the Historicon topic and note that there are no Byzantine lists allowable for the theme. Looks like y9ou and your Dad will be playing Russians again, perhaps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: