Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

timurid shc back rank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smoke
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: timurid shc back rank

i realize this will sound like a dumb question or has been asked before but on the timurid list can the back rank of shc be anything other than ehc or shc. is it different for the generals vs other shc. for example can the generals be 1E shk(FRONT RANK) plus 1E MC, L, B, SH(BACK RANK) or non general 1e SHK, l, b, sh plus 1e mc, l, b, sh

again i apologize for what probably is a dumb question. i imagine that if mc or hc back rank is allowed that i haven't seen it in list because if disorderd they count as worst armor type??

thanks again

bruce
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: ...the guidelines

Oriental Warrior, page 4

Generals' elements may be in a mixed unit with troops of the same Training and ORDER, and in addition Knights, Cavalry and Camelry can only be mixed with troops in the same Troop Category...except where an army list specifies that such troops can mix with others in the list.

The Timurid list has an errata specifying that SHC generals may mix in a unit with EHC.

Given this, Timurid SHC generals cannot mix with HC or MC, only with EHC.

Of course you could have a SHC staff element that starts joined to or later joins a unit of HC or MC...but no point savings there.

As for non-general SHC, you could have those with a rear rank of MC or HC as "Upgrades allowed for troops on one line do not prevent mixing of such troops where some are upgraded and others are not.", Oriental Warrio page 5...note that only 1/2 of your EHC on the Timurid list can be upgraded to SHC, however...so if you do mix SHC non-generals with MC or HC, you'll have that many elements of EHC hanging around somewhere.

Frank
smoke
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject:

thank you very much

bruce

"sure there are a lot of romans but I bet none of them are named Gisgo"

-hannibal Barca
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: