Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obstacle/TF/Combat/Pursuit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: Obstacle/TF/Combat/Pursuit

Not 100% sure how this works...and it may vary by 'type' of Obstacle or Temporary Fortification, but Jon...let me know if this is correct:

A unit of Irr loose foot charge impetuously over a TF/Obstacle onto opposing loose order foot who stand to receive, defending said obstacle...these defenders are under orders such that if they lose, they must break off.

The chargers win...and the defenders of the obstacle break off...thus the chargers (being impetuous) must pursue.

Issue 1: I believe their movement is reduced...so that they don't necessarily catch the breakers-off, right? Regardless of the type of obstacle? (if the breakers-off dice short movement, and the pursuers don't, there will be a rout though).

Issue 2: If mounted are able to charge (type of obstacle that mounted can cross), and win, as they have animals they are disordered and required to pass over the obstacle in column, correct?

Frank Gilson
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: terrain

Jon, also,

How does terrain complicate this? Perhaps it doesn't...

But portable obstacles can be (some must be) placed in terrain, not just in the open.

Frank
joncleaves

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Frank, I apologize. I remember this question clearly and would have sworn I answered it, but I don’t see my answer here.

If I go 2-3 days without answering a question, don’t wait, ping me again. Shouldn’t be necessary, but I have no idea how this one got away from me.

[[A unit of Irr loose foot charge impetuously over a TF/Obstacle onto opposing loose order foot who stand to receive, defending said obstacle...these defenders are under orders such that if they lose, they must break off.

The chargers win...and the defenders of the obstacle break off...thus the chargers (being impetuous) must pursue.

Issue 1: I believe their movement is reduced...so that they don't necessarily catch the breakers-off, right? Regardless of the type of obstacle? (if the breakers-off dice short movement, and the pursuers don't, there will be a rout though). ]]

Yes, their movement is reduced.

[[Issue 2: If mounted are able to charge (type of obstacle that mounted can cross), and win, as they have animals they are disordered and required to pass over the obstacle in column, correct?]]

Yes, if they are allowed to cross it at all, they must go into column and become disordered.

[[How does terrain complicate this? Perhaps it doesn't...]]

The effects of the terrain must also apply, but you only have your movement reduced for rough once even if you go through multiple types of rough on the same move.

Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: thank you

No problem, Jon...your answers are clear...and timely enough...games I play outside events are unfortunately sparse.

Frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: