Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New York Event, October 2009

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: New York Event, October 2009

As part of the 'Council of Five Nations' event, we will again have a Warrior tournament: this will be Oct 10, a one-day, three-round open tournament.

It would be good to get a decent turnout for this, especially as PointCon continues to decline as a Warrior venue. With luck, this is enough advance warning to get the word out in time. Let me know if I can do anything to incentivise attendance..

..it would be especially good to see the NJ and Rochester contingents. Heck, maybe we can get Chris Cameron down from Canada? Smile
Aubrey Hopkins
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: C5N event clarifications

As you know, I am new to Warrior so have to ask, 25 mm for your C5N event? If yes, I have no troops.
Re: PointCon, If there is sufficient early interest I will try to arrange for and confirm a venue here. Although it may take 2 years to accomplish and it may actually require a venue "in the area".
West Point doesn't offer a lot of flexibility, especially as the academic year winds down, as all scheduled activities have to coordinate with and are subordinate to the school's needs and requirements.
If there is reasonable interest in a Warrior tournament here I will check with the veterans of the former events and see what can be done. I can say that an event on the Academy's Grounds has a better chance in March than in late April.
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Hi Aubrey -

- sorry, should have specified: 15mm for C5N.

PointCon in years past used to be very fun: we'd play in the Eisenhower ballroom, get a good turnout and be able to see other games. The past couple of years we've been stuck into a classroom in cramped isolation, and we can get the same people in more comfort and much lower cost at a housecon either in CT or possibly NY.. but C5N is a good venue and a welcoming group, so I have some hope for this.
Aubrey Hopkins
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: C5N in OCT 09

OK Ewan, I will try to be there with my 15s.

To anyone who is reading this and who resides within 200 mi of West Point, NY please let me know who you are and please let me know your best e-mail address. I will try to get there or you here for at least a couple of games a year.
Thanks/Cheers.
Hop

hopkinsaubrey@hotmail.com
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Excellent; look forward to it.

In the mean time, if you're ever up this way, let me know - you're always welcome to come for gaming, dinner, and/or the night. My email is in my profile here, I believe.
Aubrey Hopkins
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: addresses

Thanks Ewan, I will make it up there. FYI, there is no e-mail address on your profile page, maybe the "PM" option would work ?? , it hasn't for me so far for others on this forum.

To all readers, I don't seem to be able to get e-mail out via this web-site and/or its files.

Please write to hopkinsaubrey@hotmail.com should you desire a prompt response.
Cheers,
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Odd - I checked, and my email is definitely visible in my profile as I set it!

No worries: ewanmcnay@gmail.com will also get to me and is a reasonable spamtrap also.
Aubrey Hopkins
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Update

Is this event still a go?
Cheers,
Hop
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Thunderbirds are go

Hop (and all): yes, very much so. I know of I think at least half a dozen folks planning to come out, and maybe several more - if folks *are* planning to come, please let me know Smile.

9 a.m. start, 1600 points, 15mm, 6x4 tables.

Cheers - Ewan
browntj007
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Oct 10th

Ewan,

As I am contemplating coming back out from under my rock for this , what are the latest x-rules in effect? Rumor has it 120 paces for close order foot, etc, etc is now being playtested. Are you using any like this?

Tim Brown
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Woohoo! Would be great to see you, Tim.

I think that the mood of the crowd is in favour of the 120p close foot move, and so we'll use that although I am far from convinced. Reg B bodies are eager, but no skirmishing EHC yet.
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject:

A belated results post: Tim didn't show, alas, and so your 'umble narrator earned a few family points by taking the bye for the first two rounds; nonetheless, we had a very cheerful and high-level competition. In the end, the perennial slaughter accompanying Jacob Kovel's army was not enough to overcome the clinical victories and Otomi celebrations of Todd Kaeser's Tepanecs, and Todd claimed the win to qualify for the 2010 NICT.

Thanks, all: this remains a good venue and good con, but it was a little disappointing not to get a somewhat wider draw; if anyone from the PA/NJ crowd have ideas on how to make their attendance more likely for a repeat, I'm all ears Smile.
browntj007
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject:

I apologize for the no show - I found out the Friday afternoon before that I needed to be in GA for Uncle Sam's Army on Monday, so I admit posting a cancellation notice was low on the list of things to do. I'm still here, BTW, so my attendance at Fall in is unlikely as well. I hope everyone had a good time regardless, and having the NICT champ sit out couldn't have been a bad thing! Who wants to play that guy? Wink
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject:

No apology needed, Tim - it was just a hope that we might have added to the array of pretty high-level players, and it would have been good to see you. Good luck on the latest deployment; hope to catch up soon.
srawls
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject:

How long are you going to be down south this time, Tim? Don't forget the Derekcon Nov 21st!
Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: