Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LATER PERIOD KUSHAN (LIST 12 OW)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D PIPER
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: LATER PERIOD KUSHAN (LIST 12 OW)

C IN C AS: EL W/JLS, IRR B, DRV W/JLS, 1 CREW W/JLS 112
+1E ELEPHANT IRR B, DRV W/JLS, 2 CREW W/JLS 48

SUB AS: IRR B, EHC, L, B, SH 74
+1E NOBLES IRR B, EHC, L, B, SH 36

NOBLES 2E, IRR B, SHC, L, B 104+25

NOBLES 2E, IRR B, SHC, L, B 104+25

NOBLES 2E, IRR B, EHC, L, B, SH 72+25

NOBLES 2E, IRR B, EHC, L, B, SH 72+25

HORSE ARCHERS 3E, IRR C, LC, L, B, SH 42
3E, IRR C, LC, L, B 30+25

ELEPHANTS 2E, IRR B, DRV W/JLS, 2 CREW W/JLS 96+25

INDIAN CAVALRY 1E, IRR C, MC, JLS, SH 21
1E, IRR C, MC, JLS 18+25

INDIAN BOWMAN 4E, IRR C, MI, LB, 2HCW 48
4E, IRR C, MI, LB 32+25

4E, IRR C, MI, LB 32+25

4E, IRR C, MI, LB 32+25

1604 PTS
15 UNITS
2 COMMANDS
80 SCOUTING
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject:

A few comments on just the mechanics of how you've put the list together:
* You want to organize it into 3 commands (since you have 3 general), because with all of those irregulars when it comes time to prompt charges you are going to chew through prompt points really fast.
* I'm pretty sure the SHC and EHC can be in the same unit (I think this is in the errata for OW), and you definitely want mixed units of SHC front rank and EHC back rank. It saves you points, you get the same number of figures fighting, you actually fight at a better factor because the EHC get a better plus for being impetuous, and you can expand in follow up if you so desire.
* Don't buy 2HCW for all your Indian longbowmen. It does you no good in the back rank, so just buy for the front rank (I think you have that option; don't have the book in front of me).

Now some more strategic comments:

15 units is not very many, and your "line" troops - the LC and the Indian longbowmen - are quite brittle. Both are vulnerable to being shot up, and the Indians won't stand up to anything serious in hand to hand combat.

Isn't there some LI you can get? They are cheap space fillers that extend your line, give you more units to work with, and are not easily displaced if you support them properly.

What exactly is the plan? Your elephants don't operate well with the cav, and while you cav is sturdy, it is no better than much of the other cav you will encounter, and not nearly as numerous as what many of your opponents will put out there.

I'd actually be tempted to look for some rough terrain foot on the list, even crappy rough terrain foot, just so you could cut down the frontage with terrain and have a better chance of getting your best troops effectively engaged on a narrower front.

I do like that you are taking some units as just EHC. You need one or two of those to take advantage of their longer tactical (and thus longer pursuit) move distance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Tactics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: