Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NICT -2020 lists - what i took and why

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: NICT -2020 lists - what i took and why

I always look forward to the list analysis and so will start with my list:
CINC EHC/HC L Reg A (2 elements)
Sub ditto (2 elements)
Settler Cav Reg C ditto (2 elements)
Rerg B Pike 25% HI (8 elements)
2X Reg C Pike 25% HI (8 elements)
2X 3 elephants 1 pk/1jls
2X Peltasts 50% HI (Reg C 4 elements)
2X Peltasts 50% HI (Reg C 2 elements)
2X Li B Irr D (8 elements)
2X Tarantine LC (2 elements)
Goal was to use step rocky hills on flanks and deny ground with the lights, use elephants and pike agressively with the small peltasts augmenting either the center (follow up) or to drive off lights on the flank.
The two big peltast units were to take on other loos and close foot.
Learnings
1) Peltasts do not pass waver tests when charged in the open - ever
2)8 man peltasts rock - as long as you dont expect them to win battles - but they can prevent you losing them, and are great follow on troops
3) Elephants are the king of the battlefield - but awefully awkward.
4) In 25mm you dont have to have that much in the way of light troops - but you then have to relie on your opponent coming to you in some cases
5) High morale grades may be expensive but unless you are Todd Very Happy they are worth the waver tests the mitigation of bad dice and sheer holding power - I found myself putting the Agyraspids into harms way all the time as i felt they could handle it and they did - except against Greg where they rolled two 1's for wavers - shot at by artillery - up 2 or 3 waver test for being shot and counting shieldless - qand then both elephants shook as well - 5-2 in one easy lesson
6) Disregard artillery at your peril - in the past I have used LI to screen them off - I guess I need to relearn that skill.
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: nict list

Yo Robert
Everything you said was what I figured but your comment about large Peltast units. I see only 4 E and 2 E sized units. These don't seem large to me but about normal. However you do mention 8 E units in your remarks. Are these what you are talking about. If yes, did you use them on the flanks with the rough terrain.
Ed the curious

PS I agree about Todd. Very Happy
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Peltasts

Ed
To me 4 elements is as big as I ever use and because of my list big units refers to 4 elements small to two.
I have finally been convinced that Hypapists are worth it Very Happy
Robert
But yes I used them in the flanks and in terrain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Tactics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: