Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is anyone playing warrior out there?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Warrior Playtest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dwyight
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Warrior Popularity

In answer to your post, I think that it is a marketing problem. Hobbies thrive on 'new blood'. There is not an apparent drive to analyze / use factors that target new players. This can begin with a deetermination of target and a SWOT analysis of marketing factors. Perhaps, the market is persons who once gamed (WRG or Warrior) and the potential market new players.

In addition to target marketing, some thought might be given to messaging and image.
SonBae
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Returning Players

Concur with you on that point about returning players. We are out there.

I for one have just started getting back into "Ancients" after 20 years of wandering in the wilderness searching for that set of rules and game system that filled my love of history and strategy.

Loved 7th Edition back in the day and after looking at Warrior, methinks I have found something worth bringing me back into the fold.

And all it takes to bring us wilderness wanderers back in is a little push....a spark of memory from the past...seeing a pair of average dice.

Thats one of the triggers that did it for me. Was cleaning up one of the closets and came across some of my old Ancients stuff that had been packed away...silently waiting to be brought forth into the light. Saw the Average dice and started thinking about 7th Edition....which lead me to search the web and BAM! Found Warrior.

Michael2035
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Warrior players

with ref to the above comments, I have just started playing Warrior with a close friend who has been wargaming for 30 years on and off. We used to play WRG 6th edition and recently picked it up agian but started to argue about rule interpretations. We hate anything like DBM or FOG, and after searching the web I found the FHE site and Warrior, noted that it was based on the old WRG 7th edition which we had also played. But, there is virtualy no info or reviews available, no publicity or availability here in the UK, Essex minitures, one of the biggest distributers world wide for all wargames materials have never heard of Warrior, and we finally managed to obtain the only 2 copies left in the UK and they were shop soiled. And we had to wait almost 4 weeks for army lists to arrive from the USA, this is enough to put off any new blood or old hand from Warrior and go straight to DBM/FOG. which is a real shame as my friend and I love Warrior, it is the best set of rules out there, it has all the flavour of WRG troop types and is enjoyable and slick to play, long live Warrior. It would be nice to see more activity on the forum and web.
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:24 am    Post subject:

I is so good to hear from fellows like you. I have always liked Warrior and unfortunately, I have not been able to get to many Warrior events and where I live in New England USA, I have access to Warrior players. I wish you were in my position since you would go to the Warrior events.
It is the proverbial I have access but can't get to events. You don't have access, but would get to them.
But hang in there , I have faith in the future.
Ed the hopeful Kollmer
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Warrior follow up

I have been recruiting players where I am, but the truth is I don't have that much time either. It is a good rule system, but most of the players like me have lives that interfere with playing - that being said I play 4-5 tournaments a year, and play about once a month - but I used to play more frequently than that.
What I have noticed is that Warrior is a very detailed rule set, and many do not have the patience to play it well - for a new player meeting someone like myself who has been playing continuosly since 1983 is a little daunting.
Not sure how to overcome this, but try to play with folks when I can - a good launch and marketing strategy may help but I have no idea how to market to consumers in this area - amybe send it as a challenge to an marketing school?

Last edited by lilroblis on Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Thank you Robert for responding to the email.
Robert and I don't live that close, about 4-5 hours driving time, but ironically, he was the last fellow I played Warrior against. It was a most enjoyable and I didn't find Robert daunting Laughing. But I must admit for a new player it is formidable . Oh he won the game, if you are wondering. He won our National Tournament this year. Hurrah Robert.
But again don't get discouraged.
Ed the undiscouraged Kollmer
Michael2035
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for responding, its nice to see that the forum is being monitored. Also that Warrior is still alive and kicking, its a shame that FHE dont use more marketing, there is a large youth market that use Warhammer and its ancients rules, but its more of a game than the simulation that Warrior is. Yes it is a daunting rule set at first, but so well explained and can be picked up fairly quickly. I will continue to promote these rules whenever i can.Keep playing. Mick Very Happy
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Thanks
Ed the Undaunted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Warrior Playtest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: