Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Huzzah - Tornament report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Huzzah - Tornament report

Firstly thanks to those who made it for the event - convention had about 150 people on the day, and we had 2 tables right near the vendors
Four attendees, Bill Low, Robert Turnbull, Dan Woicke, and Dennis Shorthouse.
We played 1600 points three rounds, using the new deployment rules but rolling for terrain (last minute player request)
This was designed as a fun tournament, and Bill and Dennis used the oppurtunity to test Byzantine and Lombard armies for the theme at Historican
Dan ran Thracians, and I used my Han as they seemed to just be gathering dust. First round I faced Dennis and the Lombards and finally got a 5-1 victory largely due to destroying a Irr A Hc unit with CBow fire and a number of resulting failed waiver tests - much closer than the numbers indicate.
On the other table the Thracians rolled in on the Byzantine spearmen roled up and the game was over in two turns - Irr A's will do that.
I got tgo play the Thracians in game 2 and focussed my atention on not letting them get unimpeded impetious charges on my foot , so either hit them at a halt or made them charge me through routing lights etc. 5-1 to the Han, and on the other table I believe it was a 2-2 draw.
Final round Bill and I played to a 1-1 draw that he had the better of, and Dennis and Dan played to to a 2-2 draw.
Final results
Han 11 Points R Turnbull
Thracian 8 points Dan Woyke
Lombard 5 Points Dennis Shorthouse
Byzantine 4 points Bill Low
May have the last two switched, but I believe all had a ball, very little rules disagreements and a very pleasant way top pass a day gaming
Thanks again to all who attended, and I look forward to defending the title next year.
All the best
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject:

WOW
Sounds like a good time.
The game with the Thracians v Byz. Over in two turns. I think I still hold the record of been killed the fastest. Andalusians (me) v Sassanids(Ewan). I think it was one turn. Well maybe two.
I have to watch out for that IrrA bombshell. Thanks for the hints Robert.
I don't want to get my hopes up but since my daughter lives in NH. I might be able to make it next year.
Ed the Byzantinophil
Historian
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Not quite the fastest game on record

There was a doubles game that ended with a concession on the weather roll, turn 1, at Cold Wars as described in the Events folder of this forum titled: AAR The Great Viking Flush. Score was 800-0.

Of course you could claim fastest game where combat actually occured Smile

Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: test deployment rules

The forward deployment rules we are testing certainly open us up to making mistakes...don't forward deploy troops when you could quickly lose them!
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject:

The game against Ed was pretty quick; but my fastest game in minutes excluding setup was against Dwight Coates in a Dark Age theme, with him playing Viking using some wacky list that allowed for triple-armed Viking warriors and such.

No lights in his list, he set up on the baseline outscouted, and his Ally-generals (two! One on each wing) were both unreliable... and both rolled 1s. So while he's trying to extricate, I hit one wing and routed it on bound 3; the other wing saw that and changed sides, trapping his single-element CinC against the rear of a big huscarl unit in the middle. At the end of bound 4, he had no units remaining and half of his army was on my side Smile.
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: My fastest Game

My first nationals - 1995
I deply light cvalry forward and he deplys two units of LMI forced march.
I move behind the flank of both units - we both march up frantically - I charge both units - rout both units - he concedes
Turn 1 and about 25 minutes - I think he was just so disgusted at his play that he wanted no more.
The game that I remember as being the most lopsided (for qan army that whose commander did not fail their personal morale), was against Tim Brown - my 6 element LI shoots up his 6 element LMI - does two CPF - he fails the waver - I charge (reg D Li bvs Irr C Lmi, jls, sh) he routs - and fails 3 waver checks - I charge those - athey all rout by the time he is dione taking waver tests the army is in retreat (2/3 routing or shaken) - I did not fight a single combat that I recall.
I still feel guilty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: