Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AAR: Toddcon 1 - The great 40

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: AAR: Toddcon 1 - The great 40

This weekend saw Todd Kaesers 40th birthday bash celebrated by a Warrior tournament and kids swim party.
Wonderful venue, gracious hosts and much battling.
I played Early Polish in three battles:
Jake Kovel with medieval Irish - Charged Irr C LMI, 2HCW, jls, sh with Kights and lost twice
His Bonnachts rolled up 4 up 3 up 3 and up 3 and never failed a waver test - the one battle with galloglaich even factors with tyhe foot he rolls up 3 I roll down three I evaporate he takes 1 CPF
Then my SHK charge his HK - I roll up 3 and he rols down three and routs - I have never seen so many up rolls - I lose 5-3 in about 90 minutes.
So we do it again (as everyone else was still playing) - My unreliable general finally accepts new orders on turn 4)
My left flank crushes the Galloglaigh and some Bonnachts - an up roll , a CIC charging and having to rally forward -
When the unreliable ally gets his attachk orders - two SHK scream forward at the Bonnacht unit - which finally shakes in bound 8 I caught them flat footed but could not get them to fail a waver.
However in the end 5:1 to me as my dice get hot.
Last game Ed and I square off - First turn I blow out his left flank (2 reg spanish units in Carthos, and shoot two elephants disordered - one wavers and fails) left flank gone
Next turn two knights face IrrA gauls and spaniards - I beat the gauls (narrowly) and lose to the spaniards - but next turn @HCT comes in and desroys the spaniards and the turn after the gauls - I lose one LHI/LMi unit .
Then pack up and analyse- what a wonederful day
6 Players and I believe Bill Low ended up winning the day
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject:

It was a great day.
Played Bill L first : My 15mm Hoplites vs Carthos
It was really a good game for me to relearn all I forgot. I need to get used to Hoplites since I am building them in 25mm. I really needed the practice.
The playing pleasure continued against Roberts Polish. I played Bill L 25mm Carthos since I didn't have a 25mm army with me. It was again much learning on my part.
Both Bill and Robert were very helpful in giving me pointers and suggesting.
THanks again
Ed the Spartan
PS Todd Thanks for having a Birthday and to your wife who put up with me and my grandkids Laughing
THe food was also sumptuous
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: