Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Khmer Elephants with Light Bolt Shooters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott holder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Khmer Elephants with Light Bolt Shooters

I'm posting this mainly as a reference. Some questions have come up and I'd like everybody to be on the same page.

Crack open the rule book. The pertinent passage is at 13.11:

“Elephants with any crew member, including the driver, armed with…or that are carrying ART, are missile troops.”

That means they ain’t transports. So, instead of treating them as Light Bolt Shooters on carts except that the El are the transporting element (which would be Integral Transport), they’re treated as El for all situations except that they shoot like artillery.

Thus:

1: They can charge/countercharge (subject to the restrictions pertaining to “missile troops”)

2: Crew can support shoot as normal artillery

3: In melee to front fight normally as 5 elephants and two crew, to flank or rear just fight two crew

4: Recoil as elephants

5: Follow up as elephants

6: Pursue as elephants

They're elephants in all ways just if you want to shoot, they're light bolt shooters.

scott

scott holder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Oi vey.

I deleted the thread Phil started since it should have been done here since we're *specifically* talking about just one instance in which artillery atop elephants can occur.

Phil, you're making this too complicated. Reread the above and focus on this:

"...they’re treated as El for all situations except that they shoot like artillery."

There's no driver exceptions, no doubling, quadrupaling, etc.

scott

Historian
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Khmer Elephants with Light Bolt Shooters

My response was mainly in the direction that elephant/chariot drivers are not elegible shooters. And a comment that the Warrior rewrite on this subject was much clearer than the original WRG-7. <kudos to your team>

The bit about elephant artillery crew was more of a segway I ran into while researching the first bit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: