Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ewancon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Battle Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Ewancon

Any AAR from Ewan's day.
I just wish I could have made it.
Leonidas/Memnon had to regroup and rest his troops.
Ed Kollmer
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject:

Oops - didn't notice this before my post of a moment ago.

I was bored of Sassanids and accepted a random army from Bill's minivan trove, which proved to be Carthaginian: facing off against Dan's Minoans it was an interesting matchup, lots of 4E loose foot units on both sides, but the Minoan close foot and Carthagnian ele[phants hampered by the fact that between *2* Minoan major water features were three max-size pieces of brush. Hence much of the combat involved manouvre in and around the brush: Spanish proved their mettle against LHI double-armes Minoan heroes, while Numidian LC slowly gave way in the little open space against a mixed LCh/MI LTS force. Eventually on the centre-left, Spanish forced through the scrube to make contact with a Minoan MI B unit tht failed to counter away, and some Carthaginian LI JLS double-teamed with Hannibal's frontal threat to force a flank charge into the unshielded side of a spear block, then rolled well enough to push it back disordered; the fallout in the area gave Hannibal the victory. Elsewhere, Jake's Russ handled Bill's Thematics most harshly!

For the second round I played host and umpire as Jevon arrived, so I'll leave the floor to others for that report.
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject:

thanks again Ewan
Minoan. !!!! Wow Interesting match.
I am really sorry. Iwould have liked to see what my Later Hoplites would have done. OHHHH!!! Probably not that well Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
But it would have been interesting.
Ed Leonidas/Memnon Kollmer
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject:

Leonidas sat in his quarters at the harbor in Catania, shuffling through papers. His serious visage was obvious as Xenophon entered.
“Why are you worried?” he queried, then answered himself “Oh, reports from Sparta. Dull reading I take it.”
“No, on the contrary, it is quite depressing. Our absence seems to have had little effect in Sparta, but the other regions have had important developments.”
Lifting one sheet from the pile,
“Here’s a report that the Carthaginians under Ewanibal have defeated King Danielus Wookius from Crete.”
“The Carthaginians! Has their arm reached that far?” questioned Xenophon, as he reached for the sheet. “This Ewanibal? I thought he was in Persia.”
“He was!” interjected Leonidas. “And won many victories there. Most impressive. The greater problem is where will he strike next? Sicily? Will the Syracusans being calling on us again? This time against Carthage, under mighty Ewanibal?”

“Maybe we should send envoys to the Roman Marcellus” added Xenophon. “We might need allies here in Sicily and he’s an able soldier.”
“Quite true. Marcellus might make common cause with us. He will have to deal with Ewanibal sooner or later. Sicily is now his sphere of concern. We are leaving for home.”
Xenophon puts down the sheet and slowly finds another. His attention caught, “What is this? Agapelogus was dispatched to Byzantium?”
“Yes. Byzantium sought help against a Russ incursion against their colonies along the Black Sea. Unfortunately, the surprising and disturbing issue is that Agapelogus was defeated. This Russ warleader Kovelmir must be someone to watch. Agapelogus is one our best generals.”
“But it was a Byzantine army he led, not a Spartan one.” Continued Xenophon.
“That my well be, but knowing Agapelogus this was not an issue.”
“Here read this,” directed Leonidas. “Our friend, Lilrobes, is building an army in the far Frozen North. Gathering Spartan, Aeolian and Ionian hoplites to him. What is most interesting? He seems to have formed an alliance with the Amazons. What could that mean?”
“What of this about the Egyptians?
“Also disturbing. They are united with the men of Nubia and are once again a force to be reckoned with. Their general Taharqa Jevones did very well against Kovelmir, as did Agapelogus against the Cretans. We will have to find out more about those actions. It could be important to us,” replied Leonidas.
“Any news of Smogg?”
“Still held by the gods at Olympus,” said Leonidas casually. “By the way, where is Memnon?
“Still organizing our departure. He is loading the ships with supplies for our troops. He should have everything ready for us soon.” Xenophon responded.
“Good! We must return to Sparta as soon as possible, to keep on top of these developments. “ Replied Leonidas.
Rising from the table, Leonidas declared, “I have had enough of this.”
Taking Xenophon by the shoulder, “Let’s help Memnon and speed him along for our departure.”
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject:

Leonidas wishes to acknowledge the wise help of Bill L in the writing of the above episode.
Ed K
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Battle Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: