Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sicilian Campaign game in Berkshire Library, Part 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Battle Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Sicilian Campaign game in Berkshire Library, Part 1

Sorry this is long in coming but I had to have it edited by Bill L since I needed the opposite side perspective. It will be in Parts so as to make it fit the Form
Ed Leonidas Kollmer

“Marcellus (Matt Webster), you chose your ground well. The plain is suited to our infantry. The brush on the left will serve our Syracusan Spanish troops. The coast on our right should be safe,” Leonidas (Ed Kollmer) observed.

Marcellus replied, “Our spies report that Mattilcar (Matt Kollmer) will command their right flank. I dispatched our Spanish Light Cavalry to circle around their right flank to harass them. Also a new and young noble has come over with the reinforcements. The reports say he is inexperienced but bold; someone to watch. His name is Bomilcar (Bill Fleming, my nephew). He will most likely be on their left somewhere.”

“Agapelogus (Bill Low) will be in overall command,” interjected Leonidas. “He’s an old friend, but he’s a mercenary and will do his duty for his new employer.”

“I will deploy from the center to the left. Xenophon’s 10000 will be in the center, with the Allied Hoplites to their left, my Spartiates to the left again and, finally, I will be with the Lakedaimonians, with the brush on my left shoulder. The Syracusan Spanish will occupy the brush, together with a unit of peltasts. On the far left, my light javelinmen will cover the other side of the brush,” indicated Leonidas.

“My three legions will deploy center right. My Gallic cavalry to cover the right flank to the coastal beach. My Spanish Scutarii and Numidian archers will be between them,” Marcellus replied.

“I see they are deploying now. Mattilcar has his Numidian Light cavalry on their right with a warband of Gauls and some peltasts facing the brush. Interesting. Hoplites to their left; this means Agapelogus has brought his veteran mercenaries from Africa. This could be a problem. Here come the elephants,” observed Leonidas.

“Yes. Elephants and Spanish for me as well,” observed Marcellus. “Ah, it looks like the young Bomilcar has the cavalry and lights on the far left, with his own trained Spanish and elephants.”

“Well, Marcellus, let us see if our faith in each other is justified.”

Marcellus turned and mounted, “Take care, Leonidas. Glory is meant to be shared,” he quipped as he rode off.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Battle Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: