Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Huzzah - post Tournament update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Huzzah - post Tournament update

Firstly - thanks to the folk who travelled up for the event and to Brian Butler who played his 2-4th games in a tournament.
Results were as follows:
Robert Turnbull Umpire - disqualified myself for running an illegal list (cannot believe I messed up)
So
Brian Butler won 1 game lost two using Cartaginian
-Raw score 8 points
Bill Low - Won 1 game lost 1 game (To Brian)
Using Theme and Byzantines
Leonidas (Ed Kollmer) - lost two games with Spartans
Robert Turnbull - won 1 game theme and two with an illegal Berber list- it played great even though illegal (What do you mean Camels never fought with knights, and they don't disorder elephants? - so I disqualified myself)
Fantastic day of gaming - I personally cannot wait for the theme, the sight of two walls of hoplites crashing is very exciting and fun, but not as quick as you would expect.
We had Brian and two otehr new players who joined in games, Brian will win a lot of games as he has the thought pattern down pat
We played two games, and he rolled horrible dice and I could not roll down - no contest.
In my game with Ed - to be immortalized in his words he made one big error and I ran through his army - flank charges on hoplites really hurt.
I watched the ned of Bills game vs. Ed and while the Spartans did much better in the end there were just not enough of them to overcome their enemies and they slowly collapsed - 6 turns of fighting before they finally broke - looked liek a 4-3 game - but Bill can probably remember the outcome better.
Battle reports to follow
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject:

Great Games.
Brian, I have to get in a game with you sometime.
My games with Robert and Bill were GREAT.
I will get the AAR of Bill and my game. I would have it done
sooner but in the immortal words of Gandalf, "I was delayed"
Hopefully, I will be able to make it again.
Ed/Leonidas Kollmer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: