Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions about African Warrior Draft List 18 Dahomey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srawls
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Questions about African Warrior Draft List 18 Dahomey

Bill,

Had a discussion about this list yesterday and ended up with a few questions:

1) Looking at the following line: Extra to upgrade entire units of Reg D Spearmen as Mino to Reg B @ 8 pts, or Reg A @ 12 pts ..........0-12

There was a debate as to how many elements could be upgraded to RB. On one side, it was believed that only 12 elements could be so upgraded. The other side believed up to 12 units could be upgraded to RB. Which is it?

2) When play testing the first list rule (Mino always fight with a -1 in HTH combat and shoot with a +1 in both Preparatory and Support Shooting.), We felt that the +1 in shooting was a bit overpowering. What do you think about changing it so instead of always getting a plus or always getting a minus, the unit incurred a minus in hand to hand only when rolling up, and incurred a plus in shooting only when rolling down?

Your thoughts are appreciated,

Steve Rawls
Bill Low

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject:

Hello, Steve.

In the Warrior army lists, the numnerical allowances always refer to elements; not figures, not units, just elements.

In the case of the Mino upgrade in the Imperial Period for Dahomey, that means that up to 12 elements can be upgraded to Mino, but they must all be in units that consist entirely of Mino.

The observation you make as to +/- for Mino is interesting; it is the same phenomenon as occurs with the morale upgade from C to B; th effect is to add a +1 only 40% of the time, instead of ALL the time.

We will cheerfully take your suggestion into account. African Warrior is still in beta mode, and all comments are welcome.

If anything, we hope that there will be more focus on AW, and more insightful comments like yours, after (of course) we are done with the New World Warrior theme in July. All comments are welcome!

Thanks.
srawls
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, Bill!

I was in the camp saying it was elements, not units. Should have made a bet!

Very Happy

Steve
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Dahomey

First unit painted - two more close and then the Mino - not sure it is the best army but it can be fun
Doubt it gets to higher than B with no light cav
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:09 am    Post subject:

Just like the saying
a beautiful woman is beautiful even if she is dressed in rags. Or some such thing.
Whatever army Robert builds will still beat me. I could have an army of Terminators vs Robert's Early Lybian. I would still lose.
Maybe I would get a point.
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: I just love the thought of 48 voodoo women

Deciding on color scheme - and will start paint job tonight - first 3 units of mercenaries complete- now Mino then IRR A (Hooikop repurposed) - but awesome figures - foundry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: