Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NICT Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott holder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: NICT Update

Warrior and DBA are the only two historical game systems outside of Flames of War that still have some type of nominal "national" or "invitational" championship. I can't speak for DBA (although they seem to mirror us in this regard) but we're just no longer active enough nationwide to continue with a formal qualification process to play.

So, starting this year at Hcon, the NICT will be an Open event. The format will still be the same, 2 rounds on Thu, a cut, then 3 rounds on Saturday. Still in 25mm, still need army lists ahead of time. Basically everything stays the same except qualifying.

The hope is people who want something a bit more relaxed will still participate in the 15mm Mini on Thursday and the traditional Open on Saturday (the Friday theme is sacred as long as I'm doing this).

Please spread the word since it will be hard for me to contact each and every potentially interested player via email.

scott

Last edited by scott holder on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
derekcus
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Can FHE just do this without the approval
Of NASAMW? After all it is the NASAMW Invitational
Championship Toutnament NICT. Now
I guess it will be FOCT. FHE Open Championship
Tournament.
scott holder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Um, this was a decision made by NASAMW at Cold Wars.
derekcus
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject:

It's a joke. FOCT. Get it?
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: NICT vs. NOCT

I see the reasoning for this - and while I loved the scheming to ensure you got to play in the NICT I wont miss it, that said - I have two comments:
1) Will the mini survive - some folks play it because they did not have an invite
2) For those who are performing less well than they expect on Thursday - pleasxe make it a hsrd and fast rule that there is a split. I love the NICT (Now NOCT - no Derek not the other one) - but it is a high stress tournament for me - so on the regular occasions on Thursday when I know I am no longer (if I ever was) a contender - looking forward to a low key Saturday has large attaraction.
Wish we could still justify the NICT - but will still look forward to the new format
Robert
scott holder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject:

I hope the Mini survives. For example, Todd K last year deliberately didn't play in the NICT even tho he was qualified. Since it will remain a 15mm-only event, for some, that's their only chance to play.

"Hard and Fast" rule on the split? That won't change. It's worked really well since we started it this way so I see no reason to change it.

And yes, we can no longer support how we've done an invitational tourney, nobody can in historicals except for a certain tank game. Shocked

scott

Mark Stone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject:

I think this is fantastic news. It has always been a struggle for those of us on the West Coast to qualify, and indeed I've qualified at an East Coast event (Cold Wars, even Fall In one year) more often than I've qualified at a West Coast event. Indeed its been years since we've had a West Coast tournament.

Still hoping I can make it to Historicon this year. It all depends on improved luck on the job market over the next couple of months.
Kelly Wilkinson
Dictator
Dictator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: NOCT

This is great news for us in the Mid-West as Warrior is a DEAD system in the Mid-West. I applaud you for making this decision as I can bust out my Camillan Romans that I lovingly painted in 25mm a few years back. They are not tourney winners but they are a fine looking army! Thanks Four Horsemen.

Kelly Smile
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject:

What time would the first game on the Thurs be? I recall noon, but haven't been there for a while Sad
Historian
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: TIme

Acording to the Historicon pdf,
Friday, Noon – 8:30pm; 25mm, By Invitation Only, 1600 pts. Round
1: Noon; Round 2: 5:00pm.

Finals,
Saturday, Warrior National Championship Finals
Noon – 11pm; 25mm, By Invitation Only, 1600 pts. Round 1:
9am; Round 2: 1:30pm; Round 3: 6pm.

(yes, I see the contradiction on Saturday, but this is a litteral copy/paste. I would assume the 9am timeslot is accurate)

scott holder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Just a reminder, if you want to play, please send me your list.

scott

Bill Low

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Corrected and updated Warrior schedule for Historicon:

Players must check in 30 minutes prior to listed start time. One list from published army list books (see website for latest versions/errata); African Warrior and NWW Theme draft lists allowed for Mini/Open. Generals must be rolled. Preset terrain.

Special Rules: Barbarian Foot Rules in effect. X-Rules 2.512, 5.11, 6.2, 11.1 and 17.1 in use. 8’ x 5’ tables for 25mm Theme/Open, 6’ x 4’ tables for 15mm Theme/Open; 4’ x 4’ for 15mm Mini. 2.5 hr rounds for Mini, 3.5 hr rounds for rest. Full listing of special rules, armies and deployment rules at: www.fourhorsemenenterprises.com/forum.

GMs: Scott Holder and Robert Turnbull.

Thursday
Mini Open, 15mm
Noon - 9:30pm; 1200 pts. Round 1: Noon; Round 2: 3:30pm; Round 3: 7pm.
Warrior National Championship Prelim
Noon – 8:30pm; 25mm, Submit lists in advance to Scott, 1600 pts. Round 1: Noon; Round 2: 5:00pm.

Friday
The New World Theme, 15mm & 25mm
9am – 11pm; 1600 pts. Round 1: 9am; Round 2: 1:30pm; Round 3: 6pm. Eligible Armies list at Warrior table and at link above. A limited number of loaner armies will be available.

Saturday
Open, 15mm & 25mm
9am – 11pm; 1600 pts. Round 1: 9am; Round 2: 1:30pm; Round 3: 6pm.
Warrior National Championship Finals
Noon – 11pm; 25mm, You must play and make the cut on Thursday to participate, 1600 pts. Round 1: 9am; Round 2: 1:30pm; Round 3: 6pm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: