Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hundred Years War Theme at Historicon 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:17 am    Post subject: Theme

Maybe Italian condotta- like the army - not sure how well it does against longbow
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:07 am    Post subject:

Haven't looked at this stuff *at all* in terms of lists, other than noting that I liked the Welsh as a concept. And I might still, although pre-set terrain will hurt them.

Tempted by Scots Common, although finding figures might be tricky; I ran pre-Feudal Scots to a team win w/ Chris Damoour lo! these many years ago, and he somehow took on Khmer elephants by charging them with Scots spearmen... but the real reason to run them is that there's a Scottish independence vote that weekend!

I really really hope I can make this; but Fredericksburg is just a LOT further than Lancaster Sad.
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Italian Condotta

Note that the Italian Condotta get a good handicap bonus...and Reg C LMI JLS,Sh are just fine against longbowmen (although not against knights, of course, but you will have your own knights).
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Ewan McNay wrote:
Tempted by Scots Common, although finding figures might be tricky; I ran pre-Feudal Scots to a team win w/ Chris Damoour lo! these many years ago, and he somehow took on Khmer elephants by charging them with Scots spearmen... but the real reason to run them is that there's a Scottish independence vote that weekend!

Continuing Warrior's fine tradition of "If you want to run X, then the best way to do that is as an ally contingent on Y".... If you want to play Scots, the best way to do that is as an ally contingent on Later Medieval French. The Scots spearmen do a lot to bolster and compliment the French knights, and the Scottish knights give you that crucial dismount ability to be SHI 2HCW in the front and EHI JLS in the back.
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: theme at Historicon

I have 300 Scotish spearmen that have never seen a table - that is my biggest incentive to run the army - the italians have been on my list of want to try for a long time as well
And of course I painted up 100+ longbow a few years ago and have 80+ knights - so more options than decisions
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:45 am    Post subject:

True Robert!!
so many figs so little time.
Ed the Frustrated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: