Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AAR Practice game for Council of 5 Nations. Valencia 1097

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Battle Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: AAR Practice game for Council of 5 Nations. Valencia 1097

A lone figure peered out over the high ramparts of Valencia into the setting sun. In his hand a message fluttered in the gentle breeze. Soon chatter and joyful laughter echoed from the nearby stone tower as two young girls came running and tagging each other, followed by their nurse. His attention diverted, the lone figure turned and smiled as the girls ran and hugged him. The nurse shooed them on with a gesture of apology. Then he noticed his beautiful wife slowly emerging from the doorway.
"What troubles you, Rodrigo?"
Again his countenance morphed to seriousness.
"Ah, my Jimena, It seems that trouble follows me. We have not found our quiet place. This message from my lord Moutamin. The romans want tribute or surrender of Zaragosa. It seems that Spain has been neglected too long and they want it brought back into the roman fold."
She looked into the sunset, as a tear slowly tricked down her cheek.
"When do you leave?"

BEACH NORTH OF ZARAGOSA
Marcellus walked ashore as transport after transport disembarked cohort after cohort of legionnaires. He was greeted by a small band of Spanish tribesmen who were recruited by his agents to make his landing more secure. He turned to his right and saw Telatus approaching.
"How goes it with the message from Zaragosa?"
"They refuse tribute and are mustering their troops."
"We have left this province alone too long. These heretical muslim invaders and the mongrel offspring of the Visigoths have become too haughty. They will feel the discipline of Rome."

Pics courtesy of MattK. MattK also refereed the game. MattWebster ran Polibyan Roman.
I tried to get the Pics in this and spend a lot of time trying but it didn’t work
Andalusian #20 Warm
front 2nd 3rd sct
2El Moutamin HC L,sh,PA,+5IrB 133 27 2
9El Spearmen,MI,RegC,Lts,Jls,sh 70 60 24
8El Negro Slinger,IrC,LI,S,sh 49 24 4
6El Archers,RegD,LI,B 22 12 3
6El Archers,RegD,LI,B 22 12 3

2El al Mustain HC,L,sh,PA,+5IrB 73 27 2
6El Horse Archers,IrC,LC,B,sh 61 36 18
4El JLS Cav,LC,RegC,Jls,sh 42 32 12

2El CID,HK,IrB,L,sh,PA+5IrB, 102 33
2El Hidalgos,HK,IrB,L,sh 58 33
sct
MattW list
From memory
4El LC Jls
4El legion
6El Legio
6El Legio
4El Legio
6El Legio
6El Legio
4El HC Marcellus
6El LI Jls
6El LI Jls
8El LMI Spanish
4El LMI Aux
1El HC Sub
NO time to put into a nice story like I am used to, I used all my time with the pics and it didn’t work AGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!
The board terrain was simple(MattK set it up) from the Andalus view there were two low hills facing each other. The center was open.
On the right there was a small brush area forward zone with a wood on the left of the brush.
But for me the battle was in three basic sections.
Al Mustain ‘s command was on my right on the low hill facing his low hill with the LI Jls,sh at the base of his hill with a 4El Legio on the hill with LC Jls,sh on his left shoulder of the hill. Sub was next to the LC.
Next section was Lord Moutamin’s command. Facing the bulk of the Legion’s Cohorts. His LI Archers were in front of the Brush and the Famous Negro Slingers were in the wood.
Third was the CID was in back in a line perpendicular to the battle line .
Taking the first section with my Sub. The LC Bow destroyed the Roman LC Jls and pinned the Cohort on the hill with the LI Jls. The Andalus LC two units with the Sub HC rounded the hill and was coming into the rear of the Romans, but they ran out of time.
The next section with CnC Lord Moutamin,his three blocks of Spear basically slugged it out with the line of four Cohorts in the middle the whole game. It was interesting that at first contact the Andalus MI Spear pushed back the cohort, second bound the cohorts circulated ranks then pushed back the Spear. The next bound it was really a dice roll. The whole game they just slugged it out.
The last section was multi-faceted
First the Spanish came in the wood and literally destroyed the FAMOUS Negro slingers despite the slingers rolling up each roll.
Second the small unit of Aux that marched around the wood and came into the Andalus rear. Where toward the end of the game soaked off one of the CID’s HK units.
Third was the CID lining up to smash into the last cohort and destroy it with 3 HK units however, with the Spanish now taking a 90 degree turn came in on the flank along with Marcellus’s HC to hit the HK as they tried to destroy the cohort. What happened was that the HK took a flank charge from Marcellus’s HC and routed.
Causing some wavers. Which did not go well. The Cid only had one of his HK units still active. He left the field as tradition dictates wounded and routed
End of game.
It was a GREAT game. MattW and I had a SMASHING TIME
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Battle Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: