Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Converted Charge Waver Tests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaphaelC
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Converted Charge Waver Tests

Rule 6.167 Converted Charge says 'prevents all shooting at, charges on, waver tests, movement or charge responses..... until the resulting combat is adjudicated next bound',

So, a unit of LI is charged by a unit of MC, fails its waver test, loses the H-t-H and routs, interpenetrating a unit of LMI directly behind it. The impetuous cavalry pursue into the LMI in a converted charge.

The next H-t-H in the combat direction causes the General commanding the LMI to also rout. Do the LMI waver test now for this reason, or is it ignored until the following turn?

Also, does it mean that the LMI contacted by the cavalry has to waver test for this before the next bound's combat?

Thanks,

Raphael
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject:

WOW
This sounds like one of my games!
I hope you were on the winning side.
MC??? What army were you playing that MC would play such a pivotal role.???
I love these kind of questions. It is like a test for me. I will attempt to answer and see if I am correct.
DISCLAIMER:
PLEASE WAIT FOR SOMEONE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. I AM JUST ATTEMPTING TO ANSWER.
1) I would say the LMI would test for the general right now. I don't think you ever miss a chance to test waver.

However, I have a further question.(This is why I love these things)
My question:
"Doesn't the LMI test waver for being charged by Mounted????"

Ed the Inquisitive
scott holder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject:

The LMI unit in question does not waver test for recieving the converted charge by mounted.

The LMI unit in question does not waver test for seeing it's general rout later in the bound. I gotta admit, that one is interesting but unless I'm missing something, that's how the rule reads.

scott
RaphaelC
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Scott,
Many thanks for the quick response. That's how we read it, but as virtually the entire command collapsed when the General routed I thought that I would check that the LMI wasn't getting off lightly (and also its continued resistance is hindering my pursuit) Confused

Ed,
The MC are two units of Gauls in an EIR v Ancient British battle. It actually worked out far better than I hoped as it started to snow on turn one which hampered visibility, then the Roman Sub-General was cautious and changed his Probe order to Wait.

When the British got close enough they inflicted enough casualties to provoke one Gallic unit into charging the British General.

In the following turn supporting Roman HC helped to rout the LCh British General while the second unit of Gallic cavalry charged the shieldless LI. This was what lead to the situation described (and it's still only turn 3).

Regards,

Raphael
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject:

Well failed another one.
However, thanks Scott.
I love to get these answers and learn some things.
Now I just have to remember them when the time
comes.
EdK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: