Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Historicon 2015
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Historicon 2015

I'm in. Bought my plane ticket today.

This will be my first time to Fredericksburg. Any past attendees have hotel recommendations? Or cautionary tales?
ghauser90
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:54 am    Post subject:

I stayed at the Hospitality House a few times. Its down the road from the convention site. Not walking distance(unless you feel like practicing for a mini marathon)I little cheaper than on site lodging. But the Hotel quality is to be asked for. ALso a dog friendly hotel (which is why I stayed I brought mine). However you could hear them at night. Maybe my bad luck being in the "dog wing".
scott holder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject:

I was gonna post a cautionary tale but the flea bag place I stayed at the first year is now closed.

On the other side of Route 3, thus, "across the street--all 4 massive lanes of it" from where Greg's stayed are the Best Western and Super 8, either would do but you definitely would not want to walk, with 25mm lead, to the Convention Center. So, if you have a car, you're set. The 3 places adjacent to the Convention Center are pricier and most likely already sold out.

scott

Mark Stone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, Scott. I'm a long standing customer of the Super 8 in Lancaster, so that's probably the Fredericksburg option I'll look into.
scott holder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Dual posting:

Nobody has ever come forward saying he'll ump the theme. Much of the time said ump also plays if we have an odd number.

Still need someone as I'll be busy rolling up sixes all day long with my Galatians. Rolling Eyes Wink

scott
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject:

scott holder wrote:
Dual posting:

Nobody has ever come forward saying he'll ump the theme. Much of the time said ump also plays if we have an odd number.

Still need someone as I'll be busy rolling up sixes all day long with my Galatians. Rolling Eyes Wink

scott

Sent you email on this Scott. You do more than enough for us as is; umping the theme -- particularly for this period -- should not have to be your responsibility. I'm happy to step in.
Terry D
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject:

I will be there. Last year i stayed at the Motel 6 about 3 miles north of the convention center.
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Terry D wrote:
I will be there. Last year i stayed at the Motel 6 about 3 miles north of the convention center.

Terry, what airport are you flying in/out of? Wondering if we could team up on a rental car and split the cost.
Terry D
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:46 am    Post subject:

Mark i will be combining Historicon with a baseball vacation. I will be driving up from Fl I plan on being in the DC area by tues. Let me know where your flying into and i can pick you up. I will be heading back to Atl sunday morning for the sunday night game. If your getting in early on wed I can always use a practice game
scott holder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Terry:

Did you say practice game on Wed? I'd *love* to get a game in Wed night. I'm bringing Galatians for the theme. I'll probably bring something else just in case I need to round out the field for the NICT but would much rather do a Theme practice game.

scott
Terry D
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Scott im up for that. What time are we allowed in on Wed?
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Terry D wrote:
Mark i will be combining Historicon with a baseball vacation. I will be driving up from Fl I plan on being in the DC area by tues. Let me know where your flying into and i can pick you up. I will be heading back to Atl sunday morning for the sunday night game. If your getting in early on wed I can always use a practice game

Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately that won't work for me. I need to get to Baltimore (BWI) Sunday morning, so we're headed in opposite directions.
scott holder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Terry D wrote:
Scott im up for that. What time are we allowed in on Wed?

People wander in pretty much any time after noon. Actually, I don't know specifically as I'm never there until late afternoon after my marathon drive from Flyover Country.

I can start anytime 6pm onwards. We don't need to decide now on a time. I'm just glad we've decided in principle. Surprised
Historian
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject: I'll be there

I 'll be there, but I don't have an army for the Theme.
As far as the hotels go.
You have 3 choices:
1) There are 2 within walking distance. They are very pricey and in the last few years sold out by Christmas.

2) On the same side of the river as the convention center are numerous low end hotels. But not as many as there were as at least one was demolished last year.

3) North and on the other side of there river are medium priced hotels.

The river has very few crossing points. And I-95 has been getting worked on. I once spent an hour for the last 2 miles before the exit, just to cross the river.

Your call

lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:24 am    Post subject: Historicon

Looks like I may not be able to make it this year, my vacation plans are getting in the way -so may be catching striped bass instead
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: