Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Historicon 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:23 am    Post subject:

Whereas it looks as though I *will* be able to make it - first in three or four years.

Scott, Galatians in the NICT have about the same chance as Galatians in the Theme Razz.
scott holder

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Ewan McNay wrote:
Whereas it looks as though I *will* be able to make it - first in three or four years.

Scott, Galatians in the NICT have about the same chance as Galatians in the Theme Razz.

In theory, that's what the weighting is supposed to correct. If it doesn't, I'll find some reason to blame my losses on things that have nothing to do with my ability to play the game.

And while I realize that what I'm about to say is totally alien to you but not all of us continue to play this game to WIN UBER ALLES. Note the lack of smilies after that last sentence.

scott
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject:

scott holder wrote:
Ewan McNay wrote:

In theory, that's what the weighting is supposed to correct. If it doesn't, I'll find some reason to blame my losses on things that have nothing to do with my ability to play the game.

And while I realize that what I'm about to say is totally alien to you but not all of us continue to play this game to WIN UBER ALLES. Note the lack of smilies after that last sentence.

scott

Sad

I have clearly aggravated Scott. Add N to the number of beers I owe him, and I'll go be quiet for a while.
Stuntz Waldorf
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: Events and Schedule

What are the events and schedule for this years Historicon?
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject: Alexander Theme update

Note Scott's update to the Alexander theme, -5% to Lysimachid and special terrain rules for Nabbatean Arab.
Historian
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Setup order

When deploying the first command, is the largest command the command with the most points, or the most units?
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Setup order

Historian wrote:
When deploying the first command, is the largest command the command with the most points, or the most units?

Points...this has not been corrected everywhere it is mentioned.
scott holder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Tery:

We still on for a Wed game? Scale? Points?

Also too, what are your plans for events the rest of the weekend? Right now I have an even 12 in the NICT but with my luck, somebody not reading this board will show up. I just want to make sure I've got everybody set.

scott
Terry D
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Scott i will be there all week so when ever you want to play on wed is fine for me 25s is what im bringing. I have an Alex enimies army for theme. As for NCIT I would like to play. I completely missed the deadline bu i can send you my list if you want to go over it.
Looking forward to seeing you Wed. Evening
Terry
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:50 am    Post subject:

That moment when you think you're packed, you do one last count, and realize you're one stand short on the mounted... and now you have to re-shuffle everything to make it fit.

On a 6:30 AM flight out of here, headed for the East Coast. See y'all Thursday after a brief stopover with my folks Wednesday evening.
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Very much looking forward to seeing you, Mark, and all the gang. How do you pack figures? I admit that I am circumventing the issue by using lead c/o Low Loaner Lead Lugging (tm) - thanks, Bill!
Terry D
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Ewan, how ever you pack then carry on in small boxes is the best way to transport them. There really isnt any army that cant be put into a tote bag and hand put in upright in the over head bin. Of course you can do as I have done the past 2 years, and not given yourself enough time to paint your army till you get to Fredricksburg and spend the better part of 2 days painting and basing figs :blush:
scott holder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Tery:

Not sure if you'll see this but I'm here...literally here in the Tourney area. Drop by anytime. It's 3:15pm Eastern as I type this.
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject:

I've tried carrying on a 25mm army, but only once - one way I got hit with a weight surcharge, the other way I was forced to gate-check. 15mm has a definite advantage in that regard!

En route; see y'all soon, and sorry to those of you not making it..
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Ewan McNay wrote:
Very much looking forward to seeing you, Mark, and all the gang. How do you pack figures? I admit that I am circumventing the issue by using lead c/o Low Loaner Lead Lugging (tm) - thanks, Bill!

I have a packing system that I have been using for air travel for 25 years. I have two plastic tool boxes that are stackable, and I luggage strap them into a single entity for check-in purposes. The dimensions are well within carry on size. Once on the plane I unstrap them and lay them flat, side by side, in an overhead compartment.

Works like a charm, even when carrying 500 figures of Shang Chinese.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: