Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wheeling Units

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaphaelC
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Wheeling Units

Hello All,

Apologies for yet another question, but I am very rusty rules-wise, and my new opponent is throwing up some challenging (to me anyway) situations.

So, an irregular LMI unit 4E wide by 2E deep turns 90 degrees into a one element wide column (facing West). The front element then uses its remaining 40 paces to wheel 45 degrees (now facing North West). Do the remaining elements automatically realign behind the lead element to face in the same direction (i.e. the unit doesn't have a 'kink' in it at the point of wheeling?

Many Thanks,

Raphael
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheeling Units

RaphaelC wrote:
Hello All,

Apologies for yet another question, but I am very rusty rules-wise, and my new opponent is throwing up some challenging (to me anyway) situations.

So, an irregular LMI unit 4E wide by 2E deep turns 90 degrees into a one element wide column (facing West). The front element then uses its remaining 40 paces to wheel 45 degrees (now facing North West). Do the remaining elements automatically realign behind the lead element to face in the same direction (i.e. the unit doesn't have a 'kink' in it at the point of wheeling?

Many Thanks,

Raphael

Yes, the remaining elements line up directly behind the end position of the wheeled front element. Informally, this is sometimes called "fishtailing".

It does have some consequences. If we were talking about a close order unit and the lineup caused the rear element to be placed in brush, then the unit would be disordered for example. It cannot "bend" to avoid the brush.
RaphaelC
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Mark,

Most helpful. The unit in question is wheeling to avoid a wood. The rear 'fishtailing' back is actually a help in this situation as it allows a friendly unit to recoil out of the wood.

Regard,

Raphael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: