Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Riverine Trading Cities - African Warrior - list 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject: Riverine Trading Cities - African Warrior - list 5

Here's the list I've put together - need to keep Warrior thoughts going.

List 5 in African Warrior:

I went Moroccan

CinC 2E Reg B HK, L,Sh - 161 (no PA - he'll be fighting and why have additional waivers and it costs 30 for reg)

Sub - same - 103
2E Reg B HK L,Sh - 88

2x 2E Urban Lancers Ir B EHC/HC L,Sh - 85 (170)

nice mounted force - able to shoot gaps and such and HK can weather a little bit more than the EHC.

3x 2E Ghulam Cav Reg C LC Jls,Sh - 42 (126) - scouting and gaps/flank marches/stalling wing

4E Ghulam Spear Reg C LMI Jls,B,Sh - 90

4E Songhai Boatmen Reg C LMI Jls,S,Sh - 90 - can be bow instead depending upon preference)

4x 4E Arma Muskets Reg B LHI/LMI 1HCW,HG,Sh - 122 (488) - modern firearms w/ 160p range and they can fight pretty well as LHI and having 1HCW.

6 units of shooter/fighter combo - decent force size and capable of some serious damage with the modern firearms. They'll get waivers for free b/c of HG - fun troop

6E Urban Milita Bow Reg D LMI B 1/2 Sh - 70 - cheap space and missiles

6E Tribal Skirmishers Ir D (1E C) LI Jls,Sh - 51 - nice terrain filler - can push other LI out and can hold a woods/rough hill all day allowing main force to not be bogged down in terrain.

Options: what to do with Urban Militia requirements - 8 elements.

I whet originally with this

2x 4E Urban Militia Reg D LMI Jls,D,Sh - 74 (158)

or you could go with a space eater 12E Ir D MI LTS 1/2 Sh - 97 saving 61 points
- could use extra points for LI or a 6E unit of Reg D LMI B 1/2 Sh for 70

I really like the loose urban milita to be honest as they can get out of Dodge and possibly push in terrain. The close foot is a target that may cause combat to occur - although they could be sent on a flank and just be movable terrain. With the close foot you can actually take up more space AND get another 6E Reg D LMI B 1/2 sh unit - ok, you talked me into it Smile

1585 points

jamiepwhite
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:20 am    Post subject: Some ideas

Taureg camel lancers
Make the HC camel proof and use the units together

I liked the line where you could have ID MI LTS JLS D 1/2 Sh. ID does a great job of throwing darts at their opponents. You could shrink the HG units to two element units to go between the blocks of LTS JLS D and look for free waiver tests.
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Solid Army...I would definitely have a huge MI unit for 'mobile terrain'...Key to your victory chances will be shooting with your HG and keeping armored lancers off all your medium foot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Tactics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: