Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Schenectady NY, Oct 3: 8th annual Warrior at C5N
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Schenectady NY, Oct 3: 8th annual Warrior at C5N

I had not realised, until I was organising a trophy, how long we have been running this event!

But let us gather once again: At the C5N Council of 5 Nations con, held at Proctors Theater in Schenectady - an excellent venue, free parking, good food and coffee, good gaming space.

Usual format: 3 rounds starting at 9 a.m. promptly (!), 25mm [but if you want to play and only have 15mm, we will make sure that we provide lead, no issue at all.], one list, 1600 points.

As per recent practice, players are encouraged to reprise their lists from thie year's Theme at Historicon, but not compulsory; no list weightings, but the X-rule of single-element El units will be in play for Theme lists (only, but ask if you want to use it for a different list). We generally get an excellent turnout, and this year will mark the inauguration of the Northeast Warrior Trophy - woohoo!

Email or post here with any Qs. Please let me know if you're confirmed as coming, and we'll make sure to have enough space! I know of at least 6-8 confirmed already, so hoping for an excellent turnout..

Last edited by Ewan McNay on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
jamiepwhite
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Day?

Are you sure about the date? Oct. 13 is a Tuesday this year. Not that my wife would let me spend the money to go, but I was dreaming about it.
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Fixed Smile. Oct 3 - the Saturday - not the 3rd; don't know how the extraneous 1 got in there. Thanks!
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject:

And Jamie, we can easily provide food and lodging as well as any army, if there's any way we can get you to come - having a Florida contingent would be awesome (and think of the glory if you returned with the trophy!).
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:13 am    Post subject:

THERE'S A TROPHY!!!!!!!!
WOW I was letting all those other guys win the other years just so they would feel good.
No more mister nice guy. All's fair in love and warrior gaming.
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Good luck

Unfortunately I will be in Mumbai
Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject:

In!!!!
jamiepwhite
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Road trip

Ouch on the flights. I think we in Florida will have to wait another year or two until we can have the self driving road trip van for going to various tournaments.

Google maps shows this as a 16 hour trip, so it certainly seems plausible for the google self driving road trip van to leave on a Friday night and appear Saturday morning ready for a tournament somewhere.
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:18 am    Post subject:

Don't waste your time!.
With a trophy on the line.
I will take no prisoners.
It will be with Fire and Sword.
The trophy has changed everything. You don't think it is a coincidence that Robert went to Mumbai. He fears to face Ed the Impetuously Rash when a trophy is on the line.
Ed the Impetuously Rash
SWA-Gaming
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Gentlemen,

Just want to be sure you know that online pre-registration for Council of Five Nations is now open.

The main info page is here:
http://swa-gaming.org/Council

The online registration page is here:
http://www.swa-gaming.org/Council-Online-Registration

You will notice there is a special check-box to register for the Warrior tournament all-day on Saturday, Oct 3rd.

If you are playing just on Saturday for the Warrior tournament, pre-reg entry fee is $17 for just Saturday, $20 at the door. But of course, we hope you stay all weekend and play other games too. Full-time students get half off the entry fee. The tournament is $5.

Just got word today that the trophy is 65% complete. Our trophy Czar still has to take the custom base and attach the Greek Hoplite figure on top. We will get a photo posted here as soon as we can.

Please note, this is not a one-time trophy. The plan is to have the winner each year get his (or her?!?) name on a new engraved plaque. The trophy has names going back with several years of Council Warrior tournament winners.

From the smack talk I'm seeing here, we might as well start engraving the 2015 plaque with Ed Kollmer's name right now... Laughing

We hope this tradition continues for many years going forward - we specifically got a trophy with plenty of room for new plaques in the future.

We hope the whole Warrior community sees Council of Five Nations as a "must attend" event each year, and plans accordingly. Even if we don't see you this year, please think about blocking-off the time on your calendar for October 7-9, 2016.

But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. We hope to see many of you at Council of Five Nations this year!

Council of Five Nations, our annual convention (October 5-7, 2018)
http://www.swa-gaming.org/Council
SWA-Gaming
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:43 am    Post subject:

As promised, here is the first look at the Council of Five Nations Northeast Warrior Championships Trophy:

Here is a closeup of the winners from past years, already engraved for all posterity to honor.

We hope to see you at Council this year; give yourself a chance to get your name engraved too (or again!).

Many thanks to John Rigley for his awesome trophy-making skills!
And many thanks too to Ewan for running this event for us for the past several years.

Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Holy cow. That's one heck of a trophy!

Kudos, guys - VERY impressive.

OK, y'all. Who will be the first one to take this home?
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:14 am    Post subject:

I guess all that money I gave to SWA paid off.
Make sure you guys get my name spelt correctly.
Two "L"'s and an "m" not an "n".
I will be the guy to beat..
FIRE AND SWORD!!!!!!!!
Ed the Impetuously Rash
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:23 am    Post subject: Go Ed!

Ed - it will be an honour (that's with one U) to engrave your name on the trophy. But I have to say I rather fancy taking it home myself..

Razz
SWA-Gaming
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Just want to remind everyone here, Council online pre-registration closes in about 2 1/2 days. More specifically, at 11:59 PM on Monday, September 28th.

Council is next weekend (Oct 2-4), and we need time to process all the pre-regs we get.

Assuming you are coming just for Saturday to play in the Warrior tournament, pre-registration is $17, vs paying $20 at the door. The ticket for the all-day Warrior tournament is $5.

All the info you need can be found here:
http://swa-gaming.org/Council

We hope to see many of you at Council this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: