Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seleucids vs Polish at Fall-In

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Battle Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Historian
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: Seleucids vs Polish at Fall-In

If anyone has contact with Scott McDonald, could you prod him to post the results? I have two other battle reports pending, but I don't have the correct spelling of Mike Mallimaci's name, no do I recall the last name of my other opponent.

This is a battle report of the third round of the Warrior tournament at Fall-In, 2016.
Scott McDonald's Seleucids vs Phil Gardocki's Later Polish.

http://philonancients.blogspot.com/2016/11/later-polish-vs-seleucid-at-fall-in.html

Enjoy

Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:55 am    Post subject:

Yeah
I would like to see the results also.
Not to be a pest.
Always good to see my future opponents.
Very Happy
EK
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:08 am    Post subject:

Just finished the AAR
Really good.
Love the pics
Have to figure out how to use the pics in my AAR
EK
Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject:

LOVE your AAR's Phil - keep them coming and glad to see you are still playing Warrior.

Todd

Historian
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject:

I have two more written up from Fall In. I have been spreading the out one a week because I don't want to inundate anyone.
scott holder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject:

I particularly liked the situation where scythed chariots slammed into bombards.
Historian
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject:

We kind of let it happen. Just to see the results.
It may have been the first time in all of Warrior history that this has happened.

Last edited by Historian on Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:36 am    Post subject:

I have been spreading the out one a week because I don't want to inundate anyone.
How does anyone "inundate" a Warrior player with too many AAR???? Laughing
Love it.
EK
Historian
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject:

OK, that is a fair point. I started writing these up for several reasons. One was to practice writing. Another is to monitor web traffic to the various blog entries. So I space out the releases so I can accurately see what effects the traffic. I do change things to see what effects they have on the over all traffic. Many years ago I was tasked with raising web traffic to an on line store. I received some training on it, and frankly, failed. Right now I have blogs on Ancients, WWII (http://philonworldwartwo.blogspot.com/), Martians (http://philsmartianfront.blogspot.com/). I am using them as no pressure test beds to see what it takes to be successful at driving traffic to them. And have made $1.56 in ad revenue so far.
Historian
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject:

I have been writing up battle reports for a number of years. Then I decided to try "Blogging", and posted all I could find five years ago. They are still there. This was before I had a camera that could handle pictures of miniatures, so they are all text. I bought a camera and started taking pictures of the games and started refining the process.

Mostly this was with Flames of War. Then I continued with "All Quiet on the Martian Front." then interspersed with a couple of Ancients games.

The timing was haphazard, maybe one a month or more. With occasional surges of 3 from a tournament. But when I posted 3 at once, the first would get a lot of traffic, the others, not so much. It was fighting the law of diminishing returns. So I implemented a no-more-than-one-a-week rule. Which was hard this year as I hit a bonanza at Historicon, and had 9 written up, this coming off of 3 from NJ Con earlier that month. To have 12 in the queue was hard to maintain.

So that is the long form of the reason I don't inundate the readers. Normally it is not a problem. I don't play all that much. But sometimes...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Battle Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: