Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cold Wars 2017 Events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott holder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: Cold Wars 2017 Events

Check in 30 minutes prior to start. One list from Classical, Imperial, Holy, Fedual, Oriental books, the republished Biblical and Dark Ages books. Also allowed are African, the New World Theme books and the theme armies (and any associated rules) from the Roman Civil Wars theme.

Barbarian Foot rules will be used as will the following X-rules: 2.512, 5.11, 6.2, 11.1, 17.1.

Deployment Rules:

Pre-Set Terrain; Table Assignment: Tables with pre-set terrain will be assigned to players at random for each round of games.
• Players may wind up playing on the same table more than once.
• Mongol player can dice to pick up two pieces of terrain, using usual Mongol List Rules, modified by climate, after players have chosen table side.

Choice of Table Edge. Players dice for table edge, high roll choosing the side, die roll of player with more scouting points (SPs) modified as follows:
• 3:1 or more SPs @ +4
• 2:1 or more SPs (but fewer than 3:1) @ +3
• more SPs (but fewer than 2:1) @ +2

Deployment – Order of Commands:
• Commands are deployed in order of size, largest to smallest, measured by army point total in each command.
• If more than one command has the same number of points, player chooses which to deploy first.
• Players alternate in placing commands by first dicing before each command placement pairing (one command each) to determine who places the appropriate command first:
    Side 1 has more but not double scouting of Side 2. Side 1's command placement die rolls are +1
    Side 1 has double but not triple scouting. Side 1's command placement die rolls are +2
    Side 1 has triple more more scouting. Side 1's command placement die rolls are +3.

• Camp does not count for command size, but may be deployed with any command.

Deployment - Zones. The zones in which forces deploy vary by the ratio of players’ SPs.
• 3:1 or more = lesser force deploys up to 360p from baseline, greater force deploys up to the centerline
• 2:1 or more (but fewer than 3:1) = lesser force deploys up to 240p from the centerline, greater force deploys up to the centerline
• Less than 2:1 = both forces deploy up to 120p from the centerline
• Placing troops in the forward zone when permitted by the SP ration is not considered force marching and does not incur fatigue points. Force marching may otherwise be performed in accordance with the rules.
• Either player may conceal units as an ambush in their deployment area, even if the player is out-scouted and the ambush is in the forward zone.

Artillery and such which deploys further than 240p from the base edge of the table, still counts as if it force marched for shooting eligibility purposes only.

Friday:

Noon-10pm
Mini Open
1200 pt army
25mm, 4x4 table (15mm if played), 6x5 table (25mm). 2.5 hour rounds
15mm players contact me in advance since there most likely won't be enough players.
Round 1: Noon; Round 2: 3:30pm; Round 3: 7pm.
Note on armies: In order to encourage some "trial runs" of the Bronze Age theme armies, if you bring one you can up the points by the corresponding percentage that's been listed in the theme. Do the math. These armies have to be just like the Theme, for example, if certain troop types aren't allowed for the Theme, they aren't allowed for this.

Saturday:

9am-11pm
Doubles
2000 pt army, 15mm & 25mm, 6x4 table (15mm if played), 8x5 table (25mm). 4 hour rounds.
15mm players contact me in advance since there most likely won't be enough players.
Round 1: 9am; Round 2: 2pm; Round 3: 7pm

Last edited by scott holder on Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
scott holder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Per Bronze Age armies, I'll bring #10, Akkadian/L Sumerian to play if we have an odd number. I realize some of you will still power game this in terms of non-Bronze Age army list selection, fine, have fun rolling over Bronze Age purists. Shocked

Per my Bronze Age theme post, I have one army, Late Hebrew, available. It's generic enough to be used for several armies in the theme.

If enough people decide to run a Bronze Age list, I will make sure you are paired against each other for as long as possible.

Also too, if you don't want to play all three rounds and we have an even number, I can jump in and out per round. Most of you who have been here understand what I'm talking about.

scott

Mark Stone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject:

I will once again be skipping Cold Wars in favor of Historicon. Until things with the Host Resort are truly resolved and stabilized, or until a new venue is found, I don't have a lot of interest in wasting cross country travel effort on Cold Wars. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Historicon!
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject: Cold wars events

Will see what I can get together for bronze age army
Historian
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: I have nothing.

I have nothing bronze age. But I'll play at the points disadvantage against them. I also am looking for a 2K partner for Saturday.
scott holder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Again, I have Bronze Age lead I can loan. My Late Hebrew lead would work for a couple of armies.

Regarding teams and finding partners, I'd encourage everybody to post here if they're looking or interested. I'll be more than glad to round out a team but as usual, that'll depend on even numbers in teams.

scott

lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Cold wars events

I am looking at chariot heavy armies so - early hebrew will probably not work- I did find a major change (or maybe I missed in the original) - that bodyguard foot can only be a detachment to a single element general. Will need to revise my list - unless I have a detachment of 3 elements and then join the general to a 2 element chariot unit - an then the detachment goes behind - seems a bit convoluted and not worth the effort - guess it will be LI detachments.
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:11 am    Post subject:

Am I missing something here.
The topic is Cold Wars.
But it seems that some of the replies are about Bronze Age.
What is the connection of Bronze Age with Cold Wars.
EK
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Cold wars and chariots

Scott challenged people to bring theri Biblical lists to the mini - and so I was looking to see if I could make my list in 1200 points
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: tempted to borrow the hebrews and run them with Han chariots

Just booked a room for CW's looking forward to seeing everyone
scott holder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Original post updated to reflect revised Deployment rules.

I'll be blowing into Lancaster late Thursday afternoon. I'm bringing Sumerians for possible Mini play and my LIR/E Byzantine collection in case somebody wants to team up and doesn't have lead. I'll also be available to round out a team if needed. However, like last year, my priority will be to get everybody else to play so if we do some last minute team juggling (like with Rich and Ewan), please be flexible.

scott

Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject:

Hey, it worked for us!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: