Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cold Wars 2017 Results and AAR
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Team pictures are in the Album Section - Tournaments - next week will be mini pictures

Your humble chronicler of CW 2017
Todd

Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Thank you mutely, Chronicler Very Happy
Ek
Historian
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Zulu list?

jamiepwhite wrote:
Matt, would you mind posting your Zulu list? I'm curious to see what you thought of the list and how you arranged the troops.

Thanks

I can use it as well. My blog post <future> reads "Zulus
All Light Medium Infantry, but with a twist, they have a special formation where they always count as in skirmish and so are practically immune to missile fire. "

Matt Kollmer
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Ok, here goes:

Cinc 2E R/A LMI HTW JLS Sh 149
2E R/A LMI HTW JLS sh 66
2x 6E R/C LMI HTW JLS sh. (130). 260
5x. 4E R/B LMI HTW JLS sh. (122). 610
8E I/C LI B 1/2 sh. 65
4E I/C LI JLS sh. 49

1199pts
6 scouting

I liked the list a lot, I still need to figure out how to deal with lancers. They stood up to Scott Holders chariots ok. I still managed to fail a waiver for a mounted charge with B class.... happens:)
I'm starting to agree with Jamie that the LI may be somewhat useless. I still like the LI B, they had uses, but the LI JLS, especially given they are Irreg, aren't very good.... I think I'll rebase those to be LMI instead.
The Bantu rules are real nice, they allow you to advance without much worry about shooting and when you close, you hit hard for regular troops . Second round with these guys is subpar, so electing not to follow up is pretty important and I screwed that up at one point with Scott.
Against Phil, I remembered this and it was very important against his Galloglaich. Where I start behind, this tactic can win the fight for me.
The ability to simply ignore his bombards, I think really negated the effect that Phil bought them for in the first place. Phils Knights however simply rode me down. Will have to really figure that part out. Overall it's a fun army and it's mostly about evading from danger and picking your battles.
Was nice to finally get these guys on the table
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: zulu

SHK pretty much will just ride you down...in various other cases lancers will ride you down...and that will have to be fine. Pass most of your wavers and kill a bunch of other stuff in their army.
scott holder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

In another episode of The Umpire Should Really Know These Rules better...

To those of you who I told that armed drivers don't fight in the first bound of HTH...forget I said anything. Sigh, just when I think I've finally purged the last remnants of 7th from my brain, something like this crops up.

Two armed crew fight in the first bound of HTH, doesn't matter if one of them is the driver. Old but still pertinent discussion on this:

http://www.fourhorsemenenterprises.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12077&highlight=armed+crew

scott

Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

cold wars Mini 2017 are now in the Album section - starting with Matt Kollmer's awesome Zulu camp and winner of Best Camp (Way to go Matt!!!!)

Love the mini and all the different types of armies out there - especially with the Biblical vibe going on.

Todd

scott holder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Couple of more thoughts resulting from the photos:

Todd's Tepanec camp rocked. The rack of skulls was perfect. The reason I gave Matt's camp the nod is that so much of it was scratch built. It was oversize and the attention to detail was impressive. As was Todd's.

Looking at deployment in my game with Matt, I should have had the HCh in the front line and just slammed em into his foot as quick as possible. As noted earlier, that list isn't well suited against mounted strike stuff.

Another photo is a reasonable close up of my Sumerian Straddle Carts. They were a big hit.

Since I was at tables more than usual because I played more than usual, I saw more onlookers than usual. I've been saying for years that we put on a great looking tourney. Nobody does better than us in terms of miniatures and it really shows by the number of people who wander by and take photos. Bronze Age really brings that out.

scott

Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject:

scott holder wrote:
Couple of more thoughts resulting from the photos:

Another photo is a reasonable close up of my Sumerian Straddle Carts. They were a big hit.

scott

Try clicking on the picture when the album is open and it "should" open up to an even bigger picture to get more detail.

Todd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: