Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dogs of War Theme at Historicon 2018

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott holder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Dogs of War Theme at Historicon 2018

The Dogs Theme will be straight from the rules (14.82) except D Class threshold will be 700pts, not a percentage. Thus, every army must have at least 700pts of "D" class troops. How you calculate that is per 14.82.

If you purchase something like stakes, caltrops, etc., for a unit, the cost of those only count toward the 700pt threshold if the unit is entirely "D".

In adjusting lists under 14.46, the army must *not* end after adjustment below 700pts of D class troops. For example, you can't drop below 700pts of D class troops if you add a Temp fortification even if it's manned by D class troops.

IF YOU HAVE ANY UNCERTAINTY ABOUT YOUR LIST, SUBMIT TO ME FIRST!

Two Theme Rules for the event:

Shooting. Any "D" class *element* reduces a net plus on random factor die roll by 1. This is exactly like D Class troops are treated in HTH.

Prompting. As an exception to 5.52, *eager* units consisting entirely of D Class troops do not waver test if prompted to charge. Note that steady or uneasy troops would still test. Also too, A Class troops mixed with others only prevents uneasy; multiple unease causes would prevent them from being eager. Not that this is directly related to the rule exception since in that case we're talking about units entirely of D Class troops but I wanted to state it for clarity.

Todd Kaeser will be umpiring. Ultimately he will "set" the tables for terrain but I'm going to recommend he not make this yet another LC-centric theme, meaning clutter up the table. I say that since I'm gonna run last year's LIR list exactly as I ran it last year. I have something like 700+ pts of D Class troops in it.

X Rules for this event only (in addition to any X Rules that might be in effect for the entire convention):

X 5.11 Eager. Bullet 3.
X 5.52. Waver Test Causes.
X 17.2. Sacred Standard Cost

Head down to the very bottom of the Forum where the X rules are located to read these *new* X rules.

scott

Last edited by scott holder on Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Scott
Looking at the requirements for Dogs army. It says 700pts of D class troops.
Since my troops ACT like D class troops , does that cover it.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
That was just a joke..... Don't get mad at me.........
Ed the Rash Jokster.
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject:

Ed Kollmer wrote:
Scott
Looking at the requirements for Dogs army. It says 700pts of D class troops.
Since my troops ACT like D class troops , does that cover it.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
That was just a joke..... Don't get mad at me.........
Ed the Rash Jokster.

Ed, does this mean you're actually going to be present at Historicon?
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject:

I am going out on a real long limb.......
I am working on trying to get there.
My telling you this will probably jinx it.
There are A LOT of pieces to me getting there.....family, health,..travel ,,,,etc.
But don't tell anyone.... I don't want guys to get scared and not show.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Ed the Rash
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Dogs capable armies again

The below list I worked up is buried somewhere (Cold War 2016 event page 2?) so I reproduce it here. Any errors are mine. These are based on 1600 points, I think (700 Ds capable). If something is missing, let me know. Also, this doesn't call out all such lists with Sacred Standards, only the ones I remember:
New World Warrior (old lists, a few others are available in the Theme lists, like Hawaiian) : Aztec(S), Mixtec, Inca, Toltec

African : Ghana, Mali, Songhai, Riverine, Senegambia, Hausa States, Kanem-Bornu, Central Sudanese, Nubian Christian, Oyo, Benin, Dahomey, Western Forest Belt, Kongo and Angola, Lake City Bahima, Coastal Swahili, Ngoni/R-R

Biblical : Early Dynastic Sumerian, Old/Middle Kingdom Egyptian, Elamite, H. Barbarians, Bedouin Foot Nomads, EArly Syrian, Akkadian/Later-Sumerian, Old Babylonian/Assyrian, Kassite, Bedouin Tribes, Hyksos, Anatolian States, Minoan/Mycenean, Philistine, Cypriot, Neo-Babylonian, Urartian, Neo-Assyrian

Classical : Skythian, Etruscan, Illyrian, Saite Egyptian, Oscan, Early Macedonian, Early Ach Persian, Pre-Rep Indian, Syracusan, Later Hoplite Greek, Later Ach Persian, Macedonian Early Successor(Antigonid), Seleucid, Ptolemaic, Polybian Roman, Later Carthage, Numidian, Hellenistic Greek, Maccabean Jewish

Imperial : Meroitic Kushite, Early Armenian, Nabbatean Arab, Parthian, Commagene, Marian Roman, Spartacan, EIR, Later Moorish, Alan, Sassanid Persian, LIR(S), Hunnic, Patrician Roman

Dark Age : Scots-Irish, Early Saxon, Italian Ostrogothic, Romano-British, Sub-Roman British, Early Bulgar, Early Byzantine, Arab Imperial, Carolingian Frank, Maurikian Byzantine, Andalusian, Italian Lombard, Thematic Byzantine, Pecheneg, Pre-Feudal German, Norse-Irish, Anglo-Danish

Holy Warrior : Nikephoran Byzantine(S), Komnenan Byzantine, Early Ottoman, Later Ottoman, Khwarizmian, Nicean/Early-Pal Byzantine, Later-Pal Byzantine

Feudal Warrior : Prussian, Lithuanian, Feudal German, Communal Italian(S), Papal Italian(S), Siculo-Italo Norman, Anglo-Norman(S), Anglo-Irish(late), Feudal English, Hohenstaufen Sicilian(early), Early Teutonic, Low Countries, Holy Roman Imperial, Medieval German Leagues, Italian Condotta(S Early), Medieval French (S Joan of Arc), Later Teutonic, Early Burgundian, French Ordonnance, War of the Roses

Oriental : Ko-Choson Korean, Warring States Chinese, Early Indian, Qin Chinese, Xiongnu(early), Han Chinese, Xianbei, 3 Kingdoms China, 3 Kingdoms Korean, Burmese, Early Tang, Tangut, Nanzhao, Uighur Turk, Later Tang, Khmer(late), 10IS, Jurchen/Jin Chinese, Khitan Liao, Koryo Korean, Song Chinese, Rajput, Sultanate of Delhi, Yuan, Vijayanagara, Bahmani, Ming
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Dogs of War Theme at Historicon 2018

scott holder wrote:
The Dogs Theme will be straight from the rules (14.82) except D Class threshold will be 700pts, not a percentage. Thus, every army must have at least 700pts of "D" class troops. How you calculate that is per 14.82.

If you purchase something like stakes, caltrops, etc., for a unit, the cost of those only count toward the 700pt threshold if the unit is entirely "D".

In adjusting lists under 14.46, the army must *not* end after adjustment below 700pts of D class troops. For example, you can't drop below 700pts of D class troops if you add a Temp fortification even if it's manned by D class troops.

IF YOU HAVE ANY UNCERTAINTY ABOUT YOUR LIST, SUBMIT TO ME FIRST!

Two Theme Rules for the event:

Shooting. Any "D" class *element* reduces a net plus on random factor die roll by 1. This is exactly like D Class troops are treated in HTH.

Prompting. As an exception to 5.52, *eager* units consisting entirely of D Class troops do not waver test if prompted to charge. Note that steady or uneasy troops would still test. Also too, A Class troops mixed with others only prevents uneasy; multiple unease causes would prevent them from being eager. Not that this is directly related to the rule exception since in that case we're talking about units entirely of D Class troops but I wanted to state it for clarity.

Todd Kaeser will be umpiring. Ultimately he will "set" the tables for terrain but I'm going to recommend he not make this yet another LC-centric theme, meaning clutter up the table. I say that since I'm gonna run last year's LIR list exactly as I ran it last year. I have something like 700+ pts of D Class troops in it.

X Rules for this event only (in addition to any X Rules that might be in effect for the entire convention):

X 5.11 Eager. Bullet 3.
X 5.52. Waver Test Causes.
X 17.2. Sacred Standard Cost

Head down to the very bottom of the Forum where the X rules are located to read these *new* X rules.

scott

E class troops also count towards the 700.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: