Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ranks entitled to Support Shoot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mscottmcd
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject: Ranks entitled to Support Shoot

Please clarify whether paragraph 8.81 (page 7Cool means that an element in a second rank equipped with a bow may shoot in Support Shooting if it is not the rearmost rank (i.e., other ranks 3rd, 4th, etc., are behind it). This question arose during play at Historicon 2018.

Thank-you, Scott McD
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject:

Yes!
ToddK mentioned this also.
From what I remember. LC unit 4ranks charges cannot fire in support since 4th ranks can only shoot if SKIRMISHING.
EK
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject:

The other issue that came up repeatedly - as in, at least five times in different circumstances - is what exactly 'capable of shooting' means in terms of target priorities. Is a unit 'capable of shooting' if...

* it would have a different target priority?
* it has marched (or retired)?

* ...there was some third case that I forget right now.
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Ranks entitled to Support Shoot

mscottmcd wrote:
Please clarify whether paragraph 8.81 (page 7Cool means that an element in a second rank equipped with a bow may shoot in Support Shooting if it is not the rearmost rank (i.e., other ranks 3rd, 4th, etc., are behind it). This question arose during play at Historicon 2018.

Thank-you, Scott McD

Bill had thought that "Units that charge or counter-charge can shoot with bow from an elephant, chariot or rear rank." use of 'rear rank' meant 'THE rear rank'.

However, the use of rear rank and last rank in the rules leads me to believe that there is no 'THE rear rank'. There is 'THE last rank', however, what 8.81 means here is 'A rear rank' (one of them) as there are rear rankS (multiple).

'Rearmost' is not used in reference to ranks (not a defined or employed term in Warror).

So, continue as usual with your support shooting by charging bodies.
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Ewan McNay wrote:
The other issue that came up repeatedly - as in, at least five times in different circumstances - is what exactly 'capable of shooting' means in terms of target priorities. Is a unit 'capable of shooting' if...

* it would have a different target priority?
* it has marched (or retired)?

* ...there was some third case that I forget right now.

If a body or element cannot shoot, it is NOT capable of shooting, which will alter shooting priorities for others.

This is in reference to 8.3 shooting priority line 2:
"Enemy bodies directly in front of shooter’s element and capable of shooting at it. If two such enemy bodies are equidistant, the shooting player may choose between them."

Note that it is BODIES capable of shooting at the shooter's ELEMENT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: