Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2019 NICT Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott holder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject: 2019 NICT Update

This is my usual invite letter. Since this will be an open event this year, I need your help in getting the message out to folks so please forward this as you see fit.

You are invited to participate in this year's National Individual Championship Tournament (NICT) hosted by NASAMW at Historicon held at Historicon in Lancaster PA. I need several things from you by certain times.

What I need NOW:

1) Whether or not you will be participating.

By 30 June I need:

1) Your army list. PLEASE use one of the attached files for submitting your army list. Hopefully one or the other will work. They both work for me. Do *not* send me your list in the body of email text. Put it in the spreadsheet.

The NICT Format:

Army Lists: 25mm, 1600 pts, ONE list, 3.5 hour rounds, 8x5 tables, Pre-set terrain, Deployment Rules as posted in the Warrior Forum. You may exceed 1600 points by the cost of the cheapest element in your list but your opponent gets 5 times that value subtracted from his raw score when determining the basic score under the 5-0 system. Lists must be FHE with correcting errata available from the forum. Biblical Warrior lists must come from the online, pdf-only version. Dark Age and Holy Warrior lists must come from the Second Edition booklets. African Warrior draft lists allowed.

No X-Rules from army list books can be used.

Scoring: The standard 5-0 weighted system.

Rules: The BLACK rule book with the latest clarifications (27 Feb 2016) will be in effect.

The Barbarian Foot Rules and Deployment Rules will be in effect.

The following X-Rules will be in effect:

X 2.512 Element Bases: 25mm Elephants must be mounted on 60x80mm bases.

X 2.52 & 2.53: Chariots also permit the mixing of Regulars and Irregulars just as Elephants do.

X 5.11. Eager. Add a new bullet to the section "Bodies are eager while any of the following apply": If the body is entirely Reg B.

X 5.52. Waver Test Causes. Bullet 7. Range for seeing a Sacred Standard lost and waver testing changes to 720p.

X 6.2 Close Order Marching. Steady Reg close order foot may march on march segment 3. Steady Irr loose foot may march on march segment 3 but take a fatigue point for doing so.

X 11.1. Fire Syphoneers/Naptha Bombers. 6th Bullet: Insert ", Fire Syphoneers/Naptha Bombers" after "and/or artillery". At the end add "Fire Syphoneers/Naptha Bombers/Artillery do not take a -1 when firing on bodies in Shieldwall formation."

X 17.1. SHC/SHCm Troop Cost. Subtract 6 points from the final cost of an SHC/SHCm element if general's, subtract 8 points if other. This applies to Reg and Irr elements.

X 17.2. Sacred Standard Cost. Change the cost for Reg or Irr to 30 points.

Schedule: Round 1: Thu 12pm. Round 2: Thu 5:00pm. There will be no cut. Everybody then plays three rounds on Saturday, Round 3: 9am, Round 4: 1:30pm, Round 5: 6pm. Award ceremony Saturday night around 10:15pm.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Scott Holder
NASAMW Warrior Umpire

lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject: list sent

list sent
scott holder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Still waiting on lists and responses from a *lot* of people.

Chop chop.

Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

scott holder wrote:
Still waiting on lists and responses from a *lot* of people.

Chop chop.

You probably want to send out the mega-email-blast as well...as folks are leaving you with little time to review their lists.

Typically 2/3 of them have errors...in my past experience...mostly minor, but a few major.

Sucks to have those arise on the tabletop folks! Send in your lists!
scott holder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Here's who's replied saying they're attending:

Bill Low
Frank Gilson
Mark Stone
Sean Scott
Rich Kroupa
Jake Kovel
Fred Stratton
Jevon Garrett
Scott McDonald
Dave Stier
Rob Turnball
Alex Stone
Derek Downs
Greg Hauser
Dan Woyke
Ewan McNay
Matt Kollmer
Jamie White
Todd Kaeser

Caveat is that Fred will be there on Thu and Jevon on Saturday so I'm going to combine them as one player entry.

I know more people are coming so please spread the word and have them reply.

And I still need army lists from people so I can do my usual lackadasical job reviewing them and missing all the mistakes so Frank can point them out while we're playing. Shocked Crying or Very sad

Last edited by scott holder on Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
scott holder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Attendee list updated.

We now have 18 players.

IF YOU ARE ATTENDING AND HAVEN'T SENT ME A LIST, DO SO NOW!!!!!!!!!

EMAIL ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU ARE ATTENDING. DON'T SIMPLY POST HERE OR IN ANOTHER THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scott holder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:35 pm    Post subject:

We are at 19. This doesn't count Terry Dix who apparently doesn't read the rest of the obvious forum threads concerning Hcon and Warrior.

Assuming he shows and Larry Daum doesn't bail, that'll give us 20 players meaning I won't have to play.

If I do have to fill in/round out the field, I'll run my *weighted* Post-Mongol Russians. Normally I'd have my E Byzantines and play them straight up but since I'm now flying back...

First person to bitch about that concept gets tossed. Hopefully it won't come to that (either me playing or me tossing somebody)

scott

Mark Stone

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:40 am    Post subject:

I would love to see Post Mongol Russians, weighted or not, make an appearance in the NICT. Definitely one of those armies that punched above its weight class historically.
scott holder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject:

I'm taking this approach because it's too late and I'm too lazy to work this at 1600pts. Moreover, given how it's heavily weighted in a not-so-popular Theme tournament, it's not exactly killer. Also too, I will have played it once, that would be me and Rich's warm up game on Wed.

My goal as the player who rounds out the field is to be nominally competitive. I feel I can be that player with E Byzantines. Anything else? Particularly an army that has been seen played probably once or twice over the last two decades? Not likely, hence my decision to just take my Theme army straight up and play it. If needed.

Jake has informed me that he's short-handed on the retail side so will now play only if we need to round out the field. This could be one of those situations where we tag-team. We'll see how it shakes out on Thursday.

scott

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: