Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shieldwall and waver tests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lightinfa
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Shieldwall and waver tests

Does a loose order unit in shieldwall have to take a waver test for being charged in the open? I'm assuming they do because I don't see anything in the dark age warrior pdf about it but I've seen a few references on the forum to loose order units in shieldwall not taking wavers, so I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.
scott holder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Sigh. I have a fix for this dating back 10 years in email between me and Bill. It obviously fell thru an enormous crack.

I'll put it in when I work on DAW again. In the meantime, insert a new subsection b. in "Combat in Shieldwall" that reads:

Quote:
b. Steady loose order bodies in Shieldwall do not take a waver test for being charged frontally by mounted in the open. Such bodies that are charged in the flank or rear test normally.

At least I hope we didn't try this and then drop it at some point and I'm forgetting that as well. Embarassed

lightinfa
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:20 am    Post subject:

scott holder wrote:
Sigh. I have a fix for this dating back 10 years in email between me and Bill. It obviously fell thru an enormous crack.

I'll put it in when I work on DAW again. In the meantime, insert a new subsection b. in "Combat in Shieldwall" that reads:

Quote:
b. Steady loose order bodies in Shieldwall do not take a waver test for being charged frontally by mounted in the open. Such bodies that are charged in the flank or rear test normally.

At least I hope we didn't try this and then drop it at some point and I'm forgetting that as well. Embarassed

Understood - no worries; thanks for the clarification Scott!
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

As Scott notes, they should not take a waver if in shieldwall...however that might have 'slipped through the cracks' in all the displays/printings of the shieldwall rules here and there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: