Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hattians - Early Bronze Age Anatolia.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joegatt
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject: Hattians - Early Bronze Age Anatolia.

I have been a registered member for years but this is my first post. My problem is that my wg club is planning to start an ancient campaign in EB Anatolia, (about 2400-1750 BCE) but there are no existing army list for the Hattian (or Luwian?) city states of the period, Purushhanda, Wahshaniya, Shalatiwar etc. Can anyone guide me to a close substitute with some modifications. List 6 Highland Barbarians does not seem to fit, and nor does list 16 Hittite.
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Hattians - Early Bronze Age Anatolia.

joegatt wrote:
I have been a registered member for years but this is my first post. My problem is that my wg club is planning to start an ancient campaign in EB Anatolia, (about 2400-1750 BCE) but there are no existing army list for the Hattian (or Luwian?) city states of the period, Purushhanda, Wahshaniya, Shalatiwar etc. Can anyone guide me to a close substitute with some modifications. List 6 Highland Barbarians does not seem to fit, and nor does list 16 Hittite.

It appears we don't have a good list for this area at that time, unfortunately.

I personally am not a student of this area or time period, and can't make general recommendations.
scott holder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject:

There's no existing army list because there's literally no existing information.

Only in the last 5-7 years has there been any available publications and those are rife with academic controversy:

https://bmcr.brynmawr.edu/2020/2020.02.05/

The most generic description I've come across is that the Hittites more or less moved in and "took over" the general existing Luwian culture/civilization in the region.

I suppose you could build a list around the Anatolian Vassals listed in #16, Hittite Early Period, then add a heavy dose troops called "Highland" from any number of other lists.

scott

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: